2 bodies 1 shoot

jamiebonline

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all

so i am not looking for advice here, i am just interested to know from people who shoot events like weddings or do portrait or fashion shoots, what your two cameras are, if indeed you take two camera bodies. are both necessarily the same model or same sensor size like full frame? are both from the same camera manufacturer or do you mix it up a bit? also do you have a camera and lens combo that you rarely change at said shoots?

cheers

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
I NEVER go out without at least two bodies. I frequently won't take the second one out of my case (portraits, headshots, etc), but for weddings, events, etc, I always 'two-gun' it. My stable is all FF Nikon and I may use two similar bodies (Nikon 8XX) or an 8XX in combination with a D700, depending on the circumstances.

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I am taking 2 cameras Nikon D750 and Nikon D3300
Its a PITA to work with 2 different sensor size cameras and as I get more into event photography I want to get a second FX body camera and keep the D3300 just for backup.
I need to say its extremely important to remember you need good glass for event photography which I find is far more important then the cameras.

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
D750 & D600

beagle100

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
hi all

so i am not looking for advice here, i am just interested to know from people who shoot events like weddings or do portrait or fashion shoots, what your two cameras are, if indeed you take two camera bodies. are both necessarily the same model or same sensor size like full frame? are both from the same camera manufacturer or do you mix it up a bit? also do you have a camera and lens combo that you rarely change at said shoots?

cheers

Canon 1DX2 and 1DX and a full range of L lens
(I don't actually one those cameras but it would be nice)

table1349

Reaction score
hi all

cheers

Canon 1DX2 and 1DX and a full range of L lens
(I don't actually one those cameras but it would be nice)
I do, it is, add to it a 7D mKII. I shoot sports.

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
2 OMD 5, one with 24-70 equiv, other with 70-200 equivalent (plus a 28 mm 2.5 [equiv] pancake and a 90 1.7 [equiv])

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Canon 5DS and my phone. Looking to add a 5DmkIII when people sell them off for silly money.

Most reactions

New Topics