2 for C&C

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is, why did this thread have to turn into another BS thread? The OP asked for simple C&C and it has turned into 4 pages of immature babble.
Yes there are specifics of the photos that would fall outside of "standardized correctness"...so state your opinion and move on. All we can do is state our opinion...no need to keep badgering. For every aspect that has been stated as being "wrong" with these photos, I can find several photographers who specialize in that very aspect of being "wrong"
"tilted and to soft"... maybe not tilted or soft enough.
" the wreaths seem to 3D, they pop out to much"...3 words...nuetral density filter. These are used all the time to lessen the brightness of one area of a photo to make another area (or subject) "pop out". Usually in outdoor settings to lessen the sky.
My point is getting on here with critiques that are nothing more than some generic recital of some rules that you have read or repeating what you have seen on here are in no way helpful to the people who are asking. If you are all knowledgable enough to tell the OP his work "sucks", then impress us and tell us how to make it better. Or do you know how to yourself?

now now what did people say when Ansel Easton Adams, Anne Geddes, Robert Wood, or Margaret Bourke-white first showed there stuff

either "Wow, your camera takes nice pictures"
or
"Wow, you must be using Darkroom CS4, the two car garage edition."
Of course from what I've seen most of Ansel Adams and Anne Geddes work is in focus, and either black and white or natural colors. Just sayin.

I often see people use PP to try and disguise a bad photo. I see people take a soft, out of focus, or poorly composed image and make it B&W to try and cover up that they didn't quite get the shot.

But, even excessive PP benefits from a quality starting point. I don't get the impression that any of the shots i've seen from the OP started from a quality image that displayed an underlying understanding of composition or technique.

Until the OP starts taking better photos to start with, his artistic post processing will continue to fall short.

Yeah, run with that.
:lmao:

The problem the OP has is that he apparently is incapable of using any constructive advice given to him. People show up on his posts defending him, not realizing that he has posted garbage like this over and over and over again with the same advice given. "STOP OVER PROCESSING YOUR IMAGES AND WORK ON TAKING SOME DECENT SHOTS THAT ARE COMPOSED PROPERLY." It doesn't matter how many times you tell him though. A few days down the road he will post another thread with a bunch of hacked up images on it pretending to be the poor newbie looking for advice. Its beginning to get irritating to put it mildly.:grumpy:

I was only teasing about the lens flare, for the record. This thread really took an unfortunate turn.. I can understand brutal honesty, etc... but 5 pages of crap.. cmon

I've been lurking on this dude's posts for a few weeks now. How is it in any way possible for people to be defending him at this point?

He has been told over and over and over that he needs to stop the post processing and show us his work straight out of the camera. This would allow the best of us here to give him TRUE C&C on the ACTUAL photo. The thread turns to BS because until he posts something that shows he is at least trying to improve his photos thats all the thread is.

I posted for C&C on a few of my first shots with an off-camera flash a couple weeks ago. Am I still posting photos that show I took what everyone spent time detailing out for me and threw it out the window? No, I'm waiting until I can get some shots together that at LEAST take a step in the right direction.

What I don't understand is how we are not even getting any feedback from the OP on why he doesn't take this advice, why he won't tell us at minimum what he was going for when he took his shots or why he refused to show the original shot.

To end this little rant I will say when I see a straight out of camera shot from the OP, I'd personally be glad to add my positive 2 cents worth of criticism on the photo.

~Tom

I was only teasing about the lens flare, for the record. This thread really took an unfortunate turn.. I can understand brutal honesty, etc... but 5 pages of crap.. cmon
there's only 2 pages.:sexywink:

My question is, why did this thread have to turn into another BS thread? The OP asked for simple C&C and it has turned into 4 pages of immature babble.
Yes there are specifics of the photos that would fall outside of "standardized correctness"...so state your opinion and move on. All we can do is state our opinion...no need to keep badgering. For every aspect that has been stated as being "wrong" with these photos, I can find several photographers who specialize in that very aspect of being "wrong"
"tilted and to soft"... maybe not tilted or soft enough.
" the wreaths seem to 3D, they pop out to much"...3 words...nuetral density filter. These are used all the time to lessen the brightness of one area of a photo to make another area (or subject) "pop out". Usually in outdoor settings to lessen the sky.
My point is getting on here with critiques that are nothing more than some generic recital of some rules that you have read or repeating what you have seen on here are in no way helpful to the people who are asking. If you are all knowledgable enough to tell the OP his work "sucks", then impress us and tell us how to make it better. Or do you know how to yourself?
So, you came here to critique the critiquers? No constructive comments from you on the images? I'd like to hear your fresh perspective.

Five pages of crap, For The Win!!!

DRoberts needs to stop badgering the badgers.:grumpy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIyixC9NsLI[/ame]

Lmaoooo :lmao::lmao:
i watched the whole video like an idiot.
and somehow i knew actual badgers would come up once I said my previous post.:lol:

Oh god I remember badgerbadgerbadger.com from like... 10 years ago at least. Jesusswimming.com was better.

People have said it, and I've said it, but I'll say it again... leave the kid alone.

No one is forcing you to look at his pics.
Yes, he asked for C&C - but no one is obligated to give any.
No one is responsible for this young man or his photography.
You gave him C&C before.... he ignored it. Is your ego hurting a bit?
So he has potential and is not realizing it. Boo frickin' hoo.

You know what to expect when you see a thread by the OP! If you absolutely MUST comment, why not just write a concise "too much PP as usual" and move on?

er1111111111a, i hate you a little bit more each time you post an over processed picture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back