2 pics with the new lens for CC pls!

ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I snapped these right after work while the sun was going down. My first time really using my Tamron 75-300mm.

1. This wasn't planned, but I was waiting for the sun to set more so I snapped a few anyway. I had to turn the contrast way up in post to get rid of this haze that covered the whole scene.

1/3 f22 ISO100 300mm
DSC01507mod2Medium.jpg

2. This is the scene I had been wanting to shoot. It's the Boise capitol as seen from the Boise train depot. I would have got more as the sun was going down but there were people there getting wedding photos taken. :greenpbl:

15 sec f18 ISO100 75mm

9dec112.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited:
I'm not an expert so no critique lol.
I like #1 it makes me wanna go out and try some shots except that there's no mountains where I live :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhotographyForum app

i'm a newbie but i would be proud if i'd taken these. i prefer the 2nd one.

I'm not an expert so no critique lol.
I like #1 it makes me wanna go out and try some shots except that there's no mountains where I live :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhotographyForum app

i'm a newbie but i would be proud if i'd taken these. i prefer the 2nd one.

Thanks guys! I'm a noobie too so the kind words mean a lot!

I have to agree with Jackie...I love the light in the second one. In the first one the light seems, for lack of a better word, flat..although the moon is gorgeous. Since I'm a n00b I'll have to defer to someone more experienced on how to get the light to pop more in the mountain pix.

They are both very good. The lower contrast/haze of the first works well in the shot I think. The second one is very good also. Nice composition.

Just an FYI, haze can frequently be gotten rid of using the histogram. Frequently the black and/or white data will stop before the ends of the histogram. Moving the black and/or white points will stretch the luminance and will really make things like haze and fog disappear.

Just an FYI, haze can frequently be gotten rid of using the histogram. Frequently the black and/or white data will stop before the ends of the histogram. Moving the black and/or white points will stretch the luminance and will really make things like haze and fog disappear.

I honestly have no idea how to do any of that. :blushing: But I guess I'm going to have to learn.

They are both very good. The lower contrast/haze of the first works well in the shot I think. The second one is very good also. Nice composition.

Thank you so much! I didn't expect this kind of a response. :mrgreen:

There are plenty of guides for photoshop so you'll figure out the histogram stuff..no problem. You already are doing a good job with the hard part...composition/artistic eye....

I honestly have no idea how to do any of that. :blushing: But I guess I'm going to have to learn.

There are plenty of guides for photoshop so you'll figure out the histogram stuff..no problem. You already are doing a good job with the hard part...composition/artistic eye....

What about gimp? Is that close to PS? PS is super expensive so I haven't even considered it. What little stuff I do in post I do with paint.net.

you can use photoshop express online for free, I'm pretty sure its just like photoshop elements or cs5 or whatever. love the second shot by the way!

you can use photoshop express online for free, I'm pretty sure its just like photoshop elements or cs5 or whatever. love the second shot by the way!

Thanks and thanks! Googling it right now. :p

I wouldn't have used f/22 on shot #1. At small apertures, like f/22, lenses cause diffraction which harms image quality and sharpness. If you shot this same scene between f/8 and f/11, the overall sharpness would be improved.

Took another shot at editing the moon pic. Found something that lets me mess with the histogram in paint.net.

DSC01507mod3Medium.jpg

Oh and a zoomed in shot of the capitol building... I still can't get over how cool a zoom lens is. :p

DSC01503modMedium.jpg

Most reactions

Back