2 pics with the new lens for CC pls!

I wouldn't have used f/22 on shot #1. At small apertures, like f/22, lenses cause diffraction which harms image quality and sharpness. If you shot this same scene between f/8 and f/11, the overall sharpness would be improved.

I think I remember reading that somewhere actually... To much stuff to remember when you're trying to get a good shot. :confused: Thanks for the tip though.

There's always tomorrow night. :thumbup:

i REALLY like #2. street scenes with long streaks of car lights just kill me..

i'm dying to get out with my tripod and shoot some like that... i almost cheated and went the other night, since it was warm. but it would have meant unwrapping the camera that i just wrapped for myself :) lol

i like the zoomed in shot of the capitol, if for nothing other than seeing how great a zoom can be. but, that big bulky building on the left draws my eye away from the capitol :(

Just an FYI, haze can frequently be gotten rid of using the histogram. Frequently the black and/or white data will stop before the ends of the histogram. Moving the black and/or white points will stretch the luminance and will really make things like haze and fog disappear.

I honestly have no idea how to do any of that. :blushing: But I guess I'm going to have to learn.
Here's an extreme example:

Foggy morning at Radnor Lake .....

fog1.jpg

Look at the histogram for this photo and you'll see that both the white and black points, the points on the bottom of the histogram where the data from the image stops, are well away from the ends of the histogram. That's because there are no true black or white values in this photograph.

fog2.jpg

Absolutely no changes whatsoever other than dragging the black point to the right and the white point to the left. This stretches out everything in the middle, gives it a true black point and a true white point, and the fog is virtually gone. The trees in the background that were shrouded in fog are now relatively clear.

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!
Before people start telling me everything that's wrong with the second image I AM AWARE OF IT. I would not recommend this as a finished image, I posted is purely and simply to show what can be done in about 15 seconds to eliminate fog and haze. It needs cropping, it needs composition help (I couldn't even see the bank of the lake when I took it and it's dead center of the image now), it needs contrast help, it needs everything. I know that already, it was just an example.

SCraig said:
Here's an extreme example:

Foggy morning at Radnor Lake .....

Look at the histogram for this photo and you'll see that both the white and black points, the points on the bottom of the histogram where the data from the image stops, are well away from the ends of the histogram. That's because there are no true black or white values in this photograph.

Absolutely no changes whatsoever other than dragging the black point to the right and the white point to the left. This stretches out everything in the middle, gives it a true black point and a true white point, and the fog is virtually gone. The trees in the background that were shrouded in fog are now relatively clear.

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!
Before people start telling me everything that's wrong with the second image I AM AWARE OF IT. I would not recommend this as a finished image, I posted is purely and simply to show what can be done in about 15 seconds to eliminate fog and haze. It needs cropping, it needs composition help (I couldn't even see the bank of the lake when I took it and it's dead center of the image now), it needs contrast help, it needs everything. I know that already, it was just an example.
Wow, pretty amazing what you did here. Now I need to learn on how to do that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotographyForum app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back