200-400VR

Kyuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All I can say is, I want one and how do some folks afford to buy one of these things??

I know that the lenses in your bag is what its about but when you start getting into the $1000-on up range..... wow, thats a little steep for me! I would be scared to even take this thing 20 feet away from any kind of body of water or anything! Probably just end up hanging it on my wall and showing it off to friends!

I love shooting wildlife...how does someone justify buying a $5K lens? Probably when someone goes pro and gets paid for what they do.

200-400.jpg

I'm sure if you sell your first born you can afford this, so don't feel like you have to be a pro to make your dream a reality. :)

I wouldn't pay $5k for it, but when I was chosing between a 70-300 without IS for <$200 and with IS for $550 (or something like that) I decided to get the IS. I'm guessing a 200-400 is almost impossible to use without IS, unless you get a REALLY nice tripod. The IS is a must even for 300mm on my camera. The way I looked at it (after some arm twisting) was that dumping ANY money into a lens that wouldn't work very well was worse than dumping too much into one that gets the job done.

Having said that, I still need to put kids thru college, so I'll keep my sights on the sub $1000 lenses.

Did you really have to make a 2nd thread about this thing?

Did you really have to make a 2nd thread about this thing?

Ha ha... It wasn't on purpose, trust me. Although its nice to look at, isn't it?

Most reactions

Back