2007 Pulitzer winner for Feature photography

Wow.
That made me cry. What a very, very sad, but powerful photo story. He was such a brave little boy and I admire his mother. It makes me so angry when children have to go through these horrendous illnesses. I hope both he and his mother have found peace.

Wow! What a passionate set of photographs. I am sitting here bawling my eyes out as I am typing. As a mother of two little boys, I can not imagine what she was going through and how heart breaking it would be to lose your little boy. But, the knowledge that the little boy was no longer in pain must have been a relief. But still it would be hard losing your little boy.

Those pictures right there show exactly what I think photography is all about. Just looking at those pictures I FEEL the pain those people are going through. If a picture makes you feel something it is a great picture (I don't count most types of disgusted or horny as feeling something)

Those pictures right there show exactly what I think photography is all about. Just looking at those pictures I FEEL the pain those people are going through. If a picture makes you feel something it is a great picture (I don't count most types of disgusted or horny as feeling something)

I agree, I think that photo's that show deep emotion is how the masters became masters. Looking at those pictures is definately a heart wrenching experience. She did a fabulous job.

Agreed completely.

That was an amazing set of pictures, there is nothing else to say.

I was starting to feel bad for posting it for a minute lol

I was starting to feel bad for posting it for a minute lol

Don't feel bad about posting that.. I mean there is no reason to! It is a photograph series that makes people realize that life is short and extremely fragile, and you need to cherish those that you hold dear to you. And make sure you tell them that you love them everyday.
Thank you for posting that!

I appreciated it so much I sent it out in a mass email!

Don't feel bad about posting that.. I mean there is no reason to! It is a photograph series that makes people realize that life is short and extremely fragile, and you need to cherish those that you hold dear to you. And make sure you tell them that you love them everyday.
Thank you for posting that!

I appreciated it so much I sent it out in a mass email!

Right on Meg!

I wish everyone was as open minded.

This sort of thing makes my problems seam petty BIG TIME!

Right on Meg!

I wish everyone was as open minded.

This sort of thing makes my problems seam petty BIG TIME!

I try to be open minded when it comes to photography. And when it has to do with kids.. That is what I am passionate about.
I agree, these photo's make me also seem so petty for thinking my problems are big...
Thanks again.

I try to be open minded when it comes to photography. And when it has to do with kids.. That is what I am passionate about.
I agree, these photo's make me also seem so petty for thinking my problems are big...
Thanks again.

You are welcome!

My kids were my first 2 photo's with my D40

the 2 bottom photo's are my kids.

You are welcome!

My kids were my first 2 photo's with my D40

the 2 bottom photo's are my kids.

What photo's?

My kids are so freakin photogenic I love shooting them...

This is one of my favorite pics of all time!!! My two boys with their dad.

DSCF1769.jpg

What photo's?

My kids are so freakin photogenic I love shooting them...

This is one of my favorite pics of all time!!! My two boys with their dad.

Awesome!! Cute kids!

Tell "Their father" Nice K&N Filter.

Most reactions

Back