2011 BMW M3 ... 3 for CC

Comparing the white on your hdr to the white in my shots ... it's gray.

Not going to post your images, but here are the links to prove my point.

IMG_2929 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! = not white

hurst | Flickr - Photo Sharing! = not white

Not saying it can't be done, but to get a clean representation on the actual white of the car in HDR is very difficult.

I shot some HDR images with the exact same Sigma 10-20 lens. Love it.

Grafitti Cooper - Flickr

My car isn't white, but I'm guessing if you tone down the strength of the HDR processing, then correct the white balance, you should be able to achieve the results you're looking for.

Nice shots! Love my 1020 also, yours are VERY sharp too! I find mine a tad on the soft side (always needs sharpening in post), even at f/8

Comparing the white on your hdr to the white in my shots ... it's gray.

Not going to post your images, but here are the links to prove my point.

IMG_2929 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! = not white

hurst | Flickr - Photo Sharing! = not white

Not saying it can't be done, but to get a clean representation on the actual white of the car in HDR is very difficult.

Did you pick through my photostream to find the two worst HDR's I've taken? :lmao:

I picked through mine and found the best and you found the worst.

I would dare say the parking garage shot I posted is veeeerrry very close to white, close enough for me (but maybe not for you?). I would also venture to guess that it may be reflecting a little of the grey in the ceiling and walls as well. Also I struggled quite a bit with the WB in that parking garage as the lights seemed to all be different colors.

I would get that M3 owner back to the parking garage and try to shoot some HDR's. Tackle it!

Nice shots! Love my 1020 also, yours are VERY sharp too! I find mine a tad on the soft side (always needs sharpening in post), even at f/8

Yes, mine seems a tad soft only at 10mm on the left side.
I usually sharpen is post anyway with HDR since Photomatix tends to soften things anyway.

Most reactions

Back