2nd photographer at Friends wedding C&C please!

bremner53

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week I was in Texas for a friends wedding. She had a photographer that she hired for the wedding, but asked if I could be the back up or 2nd shooter. The photographer had no issues with it. I was so excited to work with somebody who does weddings for a living, and to learn from her. I was disappointed. She was boring.... sooooo boring. I don't think she had any imagination. But I had fun anyway, the bridesmaids and I had a couple cute ideas that really suited our friend, and luckily the photographer didn't mind me throwing in some suggestions.

Please C&C I really need it! If you edit a picture can you please put a breif explanation on what you did. Thank you!!

73686_442485646325_568731325_5861071_1677996_n.jpg

37958_439964976325_568731325_5820977_3549518_n.jpg

65745_439964916325_568731325_5820975_7475949_n.jpg

71692_442485966325_568731325_5861078_822247_n.jpg

C&C per req:

1. A shot which I'll assume has meaning to those involved. Either that or blackmail potential. The skin tones are a little under-exposed due to the bright sky in the background. Fill light would have definitely helped.

2. This seems to be becoming a standard in wedding photography these days. I like the scene and composition, but the jumping is a little too disjointed. It would be better if they were all doing something approaching the same thing.

3. Definitely need some fill light here as well - the boquet is blown and there's virtually no detail in his hat, but the bride's expression is what really kills it for me. She doesn't look happy at all.

4. This is a nice shot; I would prefer it if we could see a little more of his face. It would benefit I think from a tighter crop as there's a lot of 'empty' space in the image.

Overall, a nice set, and well done. Minor issues, but they're all things that will get sorted with practice.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks John, I really appreciate the constructive criticism.

I'll have to work with more fill light... I just started trying to figure out my flash.

The 1st picture is a picture that the bridal party loved because it totally suited the bride :)

1. Get out from under the trees, less distraction in the frame. Perhaps shoot lower with sky in the background.
2. Watch out for this one...very common.

3. Not crazy about the curtain coming out of her head or her expression.
4. Better without the distracting trees directly behind the b&g perhaps. Too much gravel path in the lower part of the composition.

Thanks for sharing!

Even with the minor issues, I bet the bride really like the set.

Great job, we all have to start somewhere...

I really like the shots in the one with them jumping i would have to tried to get them to look at the camera so you could possibly get some faces.

Thank you for the C&C

I really wanted to get out of the trees, there was such a beautiful sky to work with, the landscape was beautiful. The photographer wanted to keep under the trees because the sun was so bright, she wanted to stay in the shade. I was pretty disappointed because I thought I would get some amazing shots considering the location and weather. Oh well.... I am happy I got a few I like, I just didn't get any I "love".

I will play around with the last one, and probably crop it differently :)

I think the compositions are just grand. I find the colors to be flat and lacking the pop factor. Consequently I recommend that you play around with a good software and learn how\what to do to provide that pop factor. One thing for sure adds to the pop factor is color cast removal which makes a white wedding dress really white. Also an adjustment for skin tone helps. Then it is up to you to find the other key or keys that unlock the pop from your camera and lens combo.

Thanks Sobolik..... I also find my photos for dull, with no pop. I am still pretty green, but I know the basics but I cannot figure out how to make my photos pop. I know I have lots to learn about lighting still, maybe thats my problem? I don't know... I am not yet really good with PP, just the basics there as well.

I feel like I have the creativity, and am getting better at composition and I know I have the equipment to get the beautiful photos, just need to learn more.... Thanks for your opinions!

Thanks Sobolik..... I also find my photos for dull, with no pop. I am still pretty green, but I know the basics but I cannot figure out how to make my photos pop. I know I have lots to learn about lighting still, maybe thats my problem? I don't know... I am not yet really good with PP, just the basics there as well.

I feel like I have the creativity, and am getting better at composition and I know I have the equipment to get the beautiful photos, just need to learn more.... Thanks for your opinions!

for your first time, not bad. i am a firm believer that photography must be creative and imaginative.

I really like number 2 ans number 4.

number is certainly a classic but they will love it. I got maried couple weeks ago and we did get this shot.

All I can think about when I see this picture is, poor bridesmaids.

Most reactions

Back