365 Project - Anyone Doing It This Year?

CWN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I plan on trying this for the first time this year and figured with about a month to go it would be a good time to start generating interest.

I think I'm going to use Blogspot simply because it's a quick and easy upload from Picasa or an email sent from my camera phone. Anything to make the process quick and easy will help ensure my chances of success my first time through.

I'm thinking of doing themes, either in weekly segments or monthly - not sure yet.

Example...

Week 1: All photos at 50mm
Week 2: All photos of strangers
Week 3: All photos of trees with snow
Week 4: All photos taken of something that starts with the letter Q
Etc...

Not sure exactly what I'll pick, but something to make it challenging and fun for myself and anyone who wants to follow along.

For those who have done it in the past, any suggestions?

Thank you.

Took me a while, but I came up with 52 'challenges' and printed them out. Each week I'll pick one and when it's done I'll check it off the list and pick a new one!

Should be fun...

Nice start guys!

I've thought about doing one, but with my work and other things, I'm not sure I could find the time to consistently do it.

I was thinking of doing a 52 instead of a 365

Hey! I was thinking about doing it!! I'm moving to Birmingham, AL and I figured that would be a good way to keep me entertained. CWN, would you mind posting your challenges? I don't know how I want to do it yet, but \I'm not someone that can just take a picture of my breakfast and call it a day. I really want to challenge myself and learn and grow.

I would like to... being new to photog I think it would be a neat way to see my progress as I learn better technique. I don't think it would be so easy to get any shots on my work days though (9a-9p). I would probably end up with 3-4 pictures of my dog and cats every week.

Might take bigtwinky's idea... I think I would end up with a higher quality project that way.

Sure, feel free to subscribe as well... might keep me more motivated knowing people are watching.

365 Project

I plan to start one at the beginning of the year, and I'm spending the month of December getting organized and mentally ready. My goals are: 1) to improve the quality of my images, 2) to discover what I REALLY love to photograph, 3) to develop my personal style.

KaraM's 2010 Project 365

I hope it will lead to a "Year in the Life of ... " project in 2011.

I have started one as well.
I don't plan on doing any themes, I actually enjoy the thought of it being purely random. I also feel as though a theme driven project would try and force my hand and chance a missed day because I couldn't get inspired by that theme at that time.

I think my default will be Light. I mean when I can't figure something out, i'll just grab a random object and play with lighting. That way I learn more about light and who knows how involved I'll get with it in the months to come.

My 3rd photo was a light workshop with natural lighting from a window at night.

My Project can be found here (thinking about putting a link in the Ol' Sig).
Project 365 - Dominant Photography-- Brandon Fischer

I chose themes to help get me to think about otherwise missed opportunities. Adds to the challenge while at the same time not making it impossible.

I've started on Jan 01... more of a challenge to myself to get better. I'm not going to do themes... might be hard around my full time job if I want to take a picture a day. Am going to try to 'mix it up' though...

Last edited:
I started 1st Jan too.

Being a beginner I think this project should teach me alot.

Most reactions

Back