4 for c&c please

love:multiplied

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
had a couple co-workers want some pics done so for practice, we went to the park. I lack in the posing so i've been trying to study up ..

these ones were done about 12:30 in the afternoon and it was horrible as far as lighting goes. aside from alot of blown spots and some over-exposere, i feel i did ok. they had fun and loved the photos, and i felt i learned alot about lighting and what not to do (like go out at 12:30 in the afternoon lol)

DSC_6054 by lovemultiplied, on Flickr

DSC_6179 by lovemultiplied, on Flickr

as for these, it was about 8pm, much better lighting conditions but the guy was not very cooperative and the girl had a really bad habit of tilting her head back and i just couldn't get her to stop. all and all i think i did better than the time before.

DSC_6285 by lovemultiplied, on Flickr

DSC_63491 by lovemultiplied, on Flickr

YO! for 2 cents....
1 - I would have brought the parents down to the childs eye level for a more intimate picture and probably have them stand a little further from the tree so you can get a better DOF. Maybe use a OCF with a diffuser for fill light.
2. Again same eye level among the subjects. Should have brought her down to his eye level and a tighter crop. Same suggestion with off camera flash...
3. Much better exposure than the shots taken earlier in the day. maybe would have framed the shot above her knees foucusing on the couples face rather than the edge of their pants and shoes.
4. Its a general picture which is often seen in "couple shots", should have made it a tighter crop so get rid of the distracting background (pole, fence, etc)

again just my opinion... Keep shoootin!

I think you did OK too. Interesting reading your own appraisal of the two situations with regard to light and 'cooperation'. It comes across as objective. I prefer the results of the earlier shots (especially the father and daughter image which I imagine they could be very happy with) but agree the better light being in the second group. Did you use some fill-flash in the second pictures?

YO! for 2 cents....
1 - I would have brought the parents down to the childs eye level for a more intimate picture and probably have them stand a little further from the tree so you can get a better DOF. Maybe use a OCF with a diffuser for fill light.
2. Again same eye level among the subjects. Should have brought her down to his eye level and a tighter crop. Same suggestion with off camera flash...
3. Much better exposure than the shots taken earlier in the day. maybe would have framed the shot above her knees foucusing on the couples face rather than the edge of their pants and shoes.
4. Its a general picture which is often seen in "couple shots", should have made it a tighter crop so get rid of the distracting background (pole, fence, etc)

again just my opinion... Keep shoootin!

#1 i agree. i do have some where they are all on the same level, so i didn't miss that completely! lol and i agree they should have been further away from the tree.
#2 they were playing and he popped her on his shoulder so i started snapping. again, i have other poses of the two of them on the same level also
#3 i hadn't noticed the focus falling on thier pants/shoes! oops :S
#4 i have a bad habit of not cropping much if any.. a fear/habit i must rid myself of!
Thanks for the input! i appreciate it

mfo- i had alot more photo's i like from the second shoot, but mostly i think because of the lighting. i did use fill flash in the first of the second group, but not the second.

and it felt easier to pose the family vs the couple.

Most reactions

Back