4th of July with the new 5DM3

SoonerBJJ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.apug.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In the spirit of environmental portraiture, breaking in the new 5D Mark III. Edited in Lightroom. C&C is always welcome.

7505996344_a327c541b6_c.jpg

7505994934_a3c344f202_c.jpg

Another from a different day. Going for very different mood.

7519005836_30df753ffe_c.jpg

One and two are my favorites I don't really like the skin tone on number 3

Cute snaps. The colour is off in all of them #1&2 looks like it might have been done on purpose for creative purposes perhaps? #3 looks like you slid the tint too much too the left, I'd say bring it back a tad so the skin looks more natural not a sickly green.

#1 and #2.. treatment is not attractive (IMO), way off.

#3 is much better, but could be improved. A bit warmer would be nice

I am assuming you do not calibrate your monitor?

Thanks for the feedback. #1-2 were processed for effect and I felt captured the mood of the moment.

I'm interested in more feedback on the color in #3. I think the tone and expression convey a somber realism, that being the intent anyway. I'm not sure if there is a difference between monitors but I do not see a green shift in the skin tone. In fact, I had warmed it a considerable amount and given 5 points toward magenta. Any more magenta and the skin definitely looks odd. If anything, I'm only tempted to warm a little further. Hmmm...

And, I do not specifically calibrate my monitor. I edited in ProPhoto RGB on an iMac 27" in native configuration. Should that make too much of a difference among monitors?

Like I said, the color shift in #1-2 were a creative choice andI've received mixed feedback. Some have really liked and others not so much. I don't want the processing to make or break the image. I'll have to give this more thought.

Thanks again.

Correction: I made global and some brush adjustments in ProPhoto RGB in Lightroom 4.1 then went to Adobe RGB (1998) in PS CS5.

Okay, I made some subtle adjustments to the skin tones. I think I prefer this version. Thanks for the feedback.

7519005836_dec96d2d1d_c.jpg

And, I do not specifically calibrate my monitor.

Like I said, the color shift in #1-2 were a creative choice and I've received mixed feedback. Some have really liked and others not so much.

Since you don't calibrate your monitor, I have no idea if you are seeing what I am.
In your mixed reviews, is there room for a 'holy saturation and color shift, Batman, this spoils everything.'

In your mixed reviews, is there room for a 'holy saturation and color shift, Batman, this spoils everything.'

As I said, I've received positive and negative feedback on the processing. Here is a more conventional view for the haters. I also cleaned up some distracting highlights and evened out the highlights and shadows on the subject's face. I should have done that the first time around.

7529651608_355c329899_c.jpg

Here is a more conventional view for the haters!

hmmmm.... sorry I tried to help. I won't do so again! :) I will say that you need to consider who you got positive feedback from and who you got negative feedback from. Look at their experience in photography, knowledge of art, that sort of thing! ;) (and Facebook doesn't count.. or shouldn't! Really!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back