5 minutes into and the Florida Gulf Sky Opens up!

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:lmao:

Of course the day when it is 10% chance of rain, we get poured on...

But I got these literally in the first 5 minutes we were there.

I am wondering how I did.

40007_108426939215037_100001431947276_73787_3594574_n.jpg

45223_108426965881701_100001431947276_73790_400576_n.jpg

40007_108426942548370_100001431947276_73788_1378866_n.jpg

45223_108426959215035_100001431947276_73789_5083517_n.jpg

I think they're really good. some will pick certain things out like you clipped a couple elbows and a couple hot spots but the parents will love em, and thats all that really matters.

I really like number 3! Missed the elbows though but the shot + your background story make it seem like she could smell the rain and was like "OH crap cover up!" :lmao:

Very nice shots! I like #2, she have a really cute facial reaction. Like someone said, she look like she smell the rain is coming and was about to take on the rain.

1-The car in the background ruins the shot. Boy's gaze is off. Framing is too tight for a formal shot like this.
2-Short lens from close exaggerates size of objects close to camera, makes far hand look like it is deformed...unusual eye gaze the child has...still okay shot,hand near LLC needs more space, as a way to alleviate the tension caused by a too-close crop on that back hand.
3-ADORABLE expression. Parent in background hampers it. Parents probably still like the photo though--it shows emotion,and parents love that!
4)Framing a bit tight, and the boy's gaze is wandering...it looks as if his mother is camera-left, behind you, trying to "help out"...need to tell virtually all moms NOT to do that before the session,and to instruct them to stand RIGHT behind you, like 2 steps behind you, so the gaze of the sitters is directed toward you and the lens, and not mom off to the side saying, "Smile honey!"

1-The car in the background ruins the shot. Boy's gaze is off. Framing is too tight for a formal shot like this.
2-Short lens from close exaggerates size of objects close to camera, makes far hand look like it is deformed...unusual eye gaze the child has...still okay shot,hand near LLC needs more space, as a way to alleviate the tension caused by a too-close crop on that back hand.
3-ADORABLE expression. Parent in background hampers it. Parents probably still like the photo though--it shows emotion,and parents love that!
4)Framing a bit tight, and the boy's gaze is wandering...it looks as if his mother is camera-left, behind you, trying to "help out"...need to tell virtually all moms NOT to do that before the session,and to instruct them to stand RIGHT behind you, like 2 steps behind you, so the gaze of the sitters is directed toward you and the lens, and not mom off to the side saying, "Smile honey!"
+1
But precious pictures none the less.

I agree with Derrel's analysis mostly, but aesthetically, I think this is a big improvement from some other shoots you've posted. I'd still love to see more candid shots, but that's just a preference.

did someone take my thank you buttons away? lol
Thanks so much guys

Yep. That sounds like a Florida weather forecast result. Don't I know it, lol. At least you got some shooting in so that's good. The first one's a good shot but, yeah, too bad about that car.

and I saw the car in the background, this was the first shot I took, so I moved ever so slightly to the left and bam, the sky turned black, but I kept shooting because I wanted to at least get ONE good one.
But here are the others from the set...
These were the only pictures I took. The ones of the kids are while we were running to our cars getting poured on! haha
Enjoy these!!

44979_108506862540378_100001431947276_74621_5796644_n.jpg

41198_108506839207047_100001431947276_74619_4637106_n.jpg

44979_108506859207045_100001431947276_74620_3520312_n.jpg

and I saw the pole too, but it was the lessor of two evils, easier to crop a pole out then a car

The usual spot I like that has less distractions (cars, poles, bums...lol) was over taken by about 100 sorority girls getting their photos also!

the set is AMAZING, looks great. You did a very good job, cant really say i would have done anything different. You got great shots while you had the chance and they turned out GREAT.

Nice pictures. I love the look on the little girl's face in #1. The little boy never looks into the camera?

Nice pictures. I love the look on the little girl's face in #1. The little boy never looks into the camera?

I did not really get enough time for interaction... They were still in shock of the part/surroundings, Usually I find that in the first few minutes children are looking around and not at you, so I take this time to get to know them and I'm really bad with names so I get their names and try to snap a few shots.

I believe that if I had more time, I would have been able to get him to look at me!

I think an impromptu "wet-shoot" would've been interesting (obviously if they were to go along with it)

The additional photos you posted are a good behind the scenes look at how a MW+2C or man and wife + two children family set can go when the kids are very young, like the boy and girl in this situation. The little girl squirming and getting out of her shoe; her slightly older big brother sucking his finger or gazing off; and in the third shot, the mother reaching out to correct bad behavior on the part of the boy. Back in my 20's, I shot literally, thousands of similar family groups...there are a few things that can make these types of shots not happen.

First...the camera needs to be tripod-mounted. The pose is set...the parents and the horizontal framing set the parameters of the post. Then, you need a remote release, held in your hand...and then you need an attention-getting item, so that BOTH children will look at YOU....a "tickle feather", like a big ostrich or emu feather, dyed pink or bright blue is great...a squeaky toy...anything small....you need to instruct the parents to not try and correct the kids' behavior or to even look at the kids....moms and to a lesser extent dads, ruin a lot of group shots, when 3 or 4 members are looking straight at the camera and looking good, and the mother is looking at the typically misbehaving kid...with the mom blowing the shot....and not the kid ruining it!

If the camera is tripod mounted, you can stand behind or right off to the side of it and clown around and get the kids interested in your toy or tickle feather or whatever...that keeps all four or five or six or seven or eight sets of eyes looking the same,unified direction. But this is impossible to do unless the camera is tripod-mounted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back