5 month old baby from today

bellaPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bellapictures.com.au
I havent posted in a while so I thought I post some of the ones I did today. These were done at the clients home and they had terrible lighting. Actually there were hardly any direct sunlight coming through. I had ISO on 400 and aperture on 2.8. Shutter was variable and this was taken using 50mm 1.4 and D70s. I think the photos are grainy so I really need some CC on these. I hope mum likes them.

DSC_0276copycopy.jpg

DSC_03131copy.jpg

DSC_0275copy.jpg

DSC_0134copy.jpg

DSC_0252copy.jpg

DSC_0245copy.jpg

All advice and comments are very welcome. Thanks for looking

Tram

My fave is #1...but bubby looks like hes about to go for a slide!! xx. I like the old fashioned look to it. Not sure about the knitted hat with pale blue shirt.. kind of clashes to me?... but mummy probably loves it which is most important. Very cute xx

I enjoy them all, but I think the light is most flattering in #3. Is that your crop, or did you shoot it like that? It might be nice with a bit more on the right side.

thanks for your comments. I know about the shirt not matching with the hat but mum didnt have any other nice shirts for him!

Matt, I took the pic like that, I didnt crop it myself however I wished I had more of the right side in the photo.

What a great series! I think you did a great job with the lighting. My favorites are #1 and #3.

number 1 is a classic

Alison said:
What a great series! I think you did a great job with the lighting. My favorites are #1 and #3.
Ditto! :)

Here's my 2 cents worth! I think that in photos 1 & 3 the baby looks very...very uncomfortable! The expression is almost straining, as though to keep from sliding down. The ones with the hat are just not working for me, and here's why....the babe is in a winter hat with a summer outfit on! The hat photos would have been GORGEOUS if the baby had been in a more suited outfit, but to be honest it was the first thing I noticed. The colors in the hat and the baby's expressions in those are just too cute, but you just keep thinking..."Why would they put the baby in summer clothes and a winter hat?" I hope I don't sound too harsh, but it is the little things that people notice!

Most reactions

Back