"50 Greatest Cameras of All Time"

Interesting read, however, with out this as #1, since it was #1, all the rest would be moot. http://gadgetophilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/the-first-camera.jpg

Just my opinion of course.
The wood box, or the guy with the 70-200?

:lol:

laughing-2.gif
You funny guy!!

What? No LEICAFLEX SL-2---the greatest 35mm film SLR ever,eve,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever made? The one that used those awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome, fantastic,fantastic Leica lenses????
Oh, wait...they made about 2,000 of those things....and 40 are still in use....oh,nevermind...

What? No LEICAFLEX SL-2---the greatest 35mm film SLR ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever made? The one that used those awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome, fantastic,fantastic Leica lenses (some of which were made by Minolta!)????

Oh, wait...they made about 2,000 of those things....and 40 are still in use....oh,nevermind.

What? No LEICAFLEX SL-2---the greatest 35mm film SLR ever,eve,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever made? The one that used those awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome, fantastic,fantastic Leica lenses????
Oh, wait...they made about 2,000 of those things....and 40 are still in use....oh,nevermind...

What? No LEICAFLEX SL-2---the greatest 35mm film SLR ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever,ever made? The one that used those awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome,awesome, fantastic,fantastic Leica lenses (some of which were made by Minolta!)????

Oh, wait...they made about 2,000 of those things....and 40 are still in use....oh,nevermind.

Darell, Me thinks that you doth repeat yourself.:mrgreen:

Darell, Me thinks that you doth repeat yourself.:lmao:

Whoa..................like Deja Vu dude. Is it like Ground Hog Day or something???
whoa.gif

Nikon d3s (s!!!) at number 2 over the blad. were they drunk by the time they got to the top 10 ?

:grumpy:

Leica M3
Leicaflex
Nikon FE 2
Maxxum 9000
Minolta SRT 102
Minolta XD 11
Mamiya TLR

Nikon d3s (s!!!) at number 2 over the blad. were they drunk by the time they got to the top 10 ?

Obviously you don't watch the Military Channel over there in England. If you did you would know that they probably ranked these cameras like they rank weapons on the Military Channel's Top 10 weapons shows. Stuff such as.

Fear factor
Armament
Number produced
Length of service
Speed
Altitude

etc....etc....etc.... Then they average the score for a ranking. My guess is the d3s has a greater fear factor and higher number produced over the hassy thus the higher ranking. :mrgreen:

Horrible, Horrible list.

It seems that they included nearly the entire line of modern nikon dslr's to please their sponsors.

Also where is this camera? as it dominated the professional scene for nearly 40 years!

271862417_59aec9b744.jpg

Obviously you don't watch the Military Channel over there in England. If you did you would know that they probably ranked these cameras like they rank weapons on the Military Channel's Top 10 weapons shows. Stuff such as.

Fear factor
Armament
Number produced
Length of service
Speed
Altitude

etc....etc....etc.... Then they average the score for a ranking. My guess is the d3s has a greater fear factor and higher number produced over the hassy thus the higher ranking. :mrgreen:

The only thing that is fearsome about the d3s is the price and the fact that nikon destroyed the best digital slr they ever made

Fear factor
Armament
Number produced
Length of service
Speed
Altitude

The only thing that is fearsome about the d3s is the price and the fact that nikon destroyed the best digital slr they ever made

You're not getting an argument out of me on that one. :mrgreen:

No Nikkormat? No Canon AE-1?

Hilarious list....

+1 on both, I absolutely love my Nikkormat FTN, so much I just loaded it today with another roll of FujiColor Pro 160 and popped off 10 frames. I'm still on the hunt for a 105 2.5 <3 I have shot a lot of SLR's and DSLR's but few compare to my Nikkormat, I would take it over a D90 or even dare I say it a Canon 50D. It's just absolutely a blast to shoot and anyone who knows a 1/50th of Nikon's history in cameras instantly recognizes it. I've had it out on the town at night with a tripod and it never fails to attract a Nikon fanatic when I shoot it.

The Nikkormat brought the Bayonet mount to the masses, the F was a nice rig but come on. And I can't believe none of the F cameras afterward made the list. F6? F3HP? F100? come on. list is useless. GTFO.

What about the Minolta Maxxum 9? Or any of the Maxxums, they were way ahead of their time and were the first auto-focus cameras and the Pentax mentioned was an epic fail. Or the Canon Digital Rebel? What about the Nikonos V? Minolta XD11 with the Leica-based body?

My Dad had an AE-1 I still have the original box here.

No,seriously...they skipped a few OBVIOUS choices as "Greatest" cameras of all time. No Leica M3??? What? A major,major blunder there,leaving that camera off the list. The M4a--like anybody cared!! And no Speed or Crown Graphic??? C'mon...the Graphic was a huge factor in the 30's,40's,and 50's!!! Also, a glaring omission is the Linhof Technika...a technical camera of indisputable longevity and superb build...major blunder forgetting the Technika line, which if I am not mistaken,might be the current longest-running line of cameras in the world...

The Hasselblad EL??? What a joke! And the 500CW?? Why include it at #42, when the 500C and 500 CM were much more common,for longer, and the 500CM represents for Hassy at #3???.

And the # 1 Kodak Brownie...hmmm...my mom had a Brownie StarFlash when I was little...a lot of the photos of my childhood were shot with one of those things.

The list is interesting, but I think there are some major omissions....the Leica III series...okay I can see including it....but the Leica M4A over the Leica M3?? As Charles Barkley says, "Turrible!" And the Bronica EC-TLII over the vastly better, longer-lived, more popular and better-engineered Bronica SQ and SQ-A and SQ-Ai series??? Another totally ridiculous choice, as stupid as the Hasselblad EL inclusion.

that lists sucks .. there's no Nikon F4 on it .. I remember pulling that baby out of the box .. it was like being yanked out of the stone age and thrown into some futuristic sci-fi movie.

Horrible, Horrible list.

It seems that they included nearly the entire line of modern nikon dslr's to please their sponsors.

Also where is this camera? as it dominated the professional scene for nearly 40 years!

271862417_59aec9b744.jpg
Agreed. I can't believe that the Speed Graphic didn't make it. The whole list is crap and Weegee is rolling over in his grave.

Also, I'm sad that no Konica cameras made the list. I'm not surprised, just a little sad...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back