50k actuations

Ejazzle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
is it time to get my baby serviced? The AF seems slower ( i think the af thing got dust on it) and there is some dust on the sensor i cant get rid of! grr

so is it time to get it serviced? are cameras kind of like a car but instead of miles, you go by actuations?

I don't know how many actuations my cameras have...I really, I couldn't care less. They will work until they don't.

It is still a good idea to send your cameras in for service once in a while. I know a few pro photographers who routinely send their camera in for a check up & maintenance.

Oh, by the way. The rated shutter life on these cameras (50k, 100k etc) is just an average rate of failure...so they could fail 24k actuations short of that, or last much longer than that. It's not like it will stop working at 100,001.

The AF sensor may have dust in it which can have an effect on speed of autofocus. This is not something that is easy to repair and may be worthy of a service.

I wouldn't worry about the actual shutter count. Wear on the camera depends on what you do. If your shooting strictly in a studio, your camera will naturally last much longer. If your shooting in the dessert in a sand storm, you'll probably have to service it by the end of the day.

Most reactions

Back