52 week photo project

Im gonna have to play a bit of catch up but here is my first photo for week one Romance.
rosering1copy.jpg

Love that idea... I'm a guy and not a huge romantic. This is pretty creative. Love it... Although I'd want it to be more brilliant or more vibrant. And focus on the whole ring and rose.

Love that idea... I'm a guy and not a huge romantic. This is pretty creative. Love it... Although I'd want it to be more brilliant or more vibrant. And focus on the whole ring and rose.

Thank you :) Im still trying to figure out all the lighting tricks to get the colors to really pop! I am having fun with composition though.

Do you use a photo editing software?

Any advice on my shots? I'd love some feedback. Critique?

The week of the 20th is just about done. Here's my take on Growth...I know its a little blurred but its so dang hard to get my son to sit still!
DSC_0016.jpg
This is such a cute shot I love his expression! It seems the left side has a bit of a shadow darkening his face though it would be nice to have seen this shot fully illuminated.

I use Adobe photoshop for some editing but I'm just learning so there isn't a lot I know how to tweak just yet.

The week of the 20th is just about done. Here's my take on Growth...

I know its a little blurred but its so dang hard to get my son to sit still!

DSC_0016.jpg

The white balance seems off, it is very yellow. Also, I think a faster shutter speed than 1/10s would be more ideal; there is some motion blur going on here. I find the background quite distracting. On a final note, his left eye is quite dark, almost all black. Better lighting on the left side would benefit this.

Okay so here is the rest of my catching up

*~*~*Music*~*~*
keyboard.jpg

*~*~*~Color*~*~*~*
color.jpg

Growth soon to come :) C&C appreciated!

I just had a thought! What if we made this a little more interesting? I'm thinking, have the "due date", this weeks would be 1/27/12, and then throughout the next week, people go through and like the ones they think are the best. Who ever has the most "likes!" No prize or anything, just something to make you feel even better about a photo that you already like.

Thoughts?

Here's my take on growth...If it were the summer, I'd have lots more ideas, but dead of winter with 6" of snow on the ground, I struggled...

6752250565_4bc0cee8d6_b.jpg

6752272251_6bb5642ee8_b.jpg

This one is the same mannequin just photoshopped!

Here's my take on growth...If it were the summer, I'd have lots more ideas, but dead of winter with 6" of snow on the ground, I struggled...

This one is the same mannequin just photoshopped!

I love the idea! The lighting is nice and even and the wood grain pops. I imagine it would be even more striking with some dramatic lighting, like a grid or snoot. Very cool.

WhiskeyTango

Probably! I just have my camera and for a background, I taped 6 pieces of computer paper together and draped it from my door, and then stacked my shoes and put a piece of paper on there to act as a semi-reflector...It was interesting...I can't wait to have enough money/room to get a couple external flashes and some decent backdrops!

This is such a cute shot I love his expression! It seems the left side has a bit of a shadow darkening his face though it would be nice to have seen this shot fully illuminated.

Thanks for the thoughts. I adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit. So that could possibly have to do with the face shadows. Thanks for the info.

I know its a little blurred but its so dang hard to get my son to sit still!

The white balance seems off, it is very yellow. Also, I think a faster shutter speed than 1/10s would be more ideal; there is some motion blur going on here. I find the background quite distracting. On a final note, his left eye is quite dark, almost all black. Better lighting on the left side would benefit this.

Yeah I agree. That seems to be the problem. The lighting.... I don't have any flashes. Just using the standard lighting. I'm going to try the shutter speed. And background was a bummer. I just happen to catch this picture. Not exactly planned. Thanks for the info

Most reactions

New Topics

Back