52 week photo project

Week 1: Romance

Rose.jpg

Thanks and yes they are all from San Antonia and Austin. I cant figure out how to beat the noise issue. They were low light situations so I had a 1600 ISO F3.5 and around a 1/13 speed.

Thanks and yes they are all from San Antonia and Austin. I cant figure out how to beat the noise issue. They were low light situations so I had a 1600 ISO F3.5 and around a 1/13 speed.
I'm still learning that as well. Hopefully someone with better insight can help.

Week 1: Romance

I see now that you're shooting in Aperture Priority mode. Tell me, why did you choose to shoot at f/2.8? If you had shot at one stop less (f/4), it should have defaulted to 1/25s and would have helped to reduce the blur. (Not sure if I have the exact numbers but you get the idea...) Unless, this was just simply out of focus...

jmtonkin said:
I see now that you're shooting in Aperture Priority mode. Tell me, why did you choose to shoot at f/2.8? If you had shot at one stop less (f/4), it should have defaulted to 1/25s and would have helped to reduce the blur. (Not sure if I have the exact numbers but you get the idea...) Unless, this was just simply out of focus...

Thanks I'll try that. I used 2.8 because to maximize the amount of light to hopefully reduce the shutter speed. I'm still learning the ISO and aperture and shutter speed. Im still trying to determine what to do to get the results I want.

If I used a 4 f stop. Wouldn't my shutter speed been much longer?

jmtonkin said:

Thanks I'll try that. I used 2.8 because to maximize the amount of light to hopefully reduce the shutter speed. I'm still learning the ISO and aperture and shutter speed. Im still trying to determine what to do to get the results I want.

If I used a 4 f stop. Wouldn't my shutter speed been much longer?

No wonder that didn't make sense in my head...Wow, I feel like an idiot! Yes, it would...That's my bad! In that case, you could use a higher ISO and achieve a faster shutter speed.

So for that shot. You'd suggest higher ISO and lower aperture. Got it. I'll try that on my next shots. The rose already died. Lol

Thanks for the help. I'm so anxious to improve.

So for that shot. You'd suggest higher ISO and lower aperture. Got it. I'll try that on my next shots. The rose already died. Lol

Thanks for the help. I'm so anxious to improve.

Correct!

Is anyone else struggling to not work ahead? I just want to keep going but then it kind of defeats the purpose...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back