AimeeLynC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.aimeelynprints.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!
So this just recently started happening to me out of nowhere and after googling every possible scenario I finally decided to post here where all the knowledgeable people hang out :)

When I shoot with my 55-150 on my Canon Rebel T3, the photo is always out of focus. I usually shoot my portraits at least 100mm and what a horror to find the photos from my last session were fuzzy! I use One Shot focusing unless my subject is moving and I use a single focus point on the eyes. When I view the picture on my computer, NOTHING is in focus. Not blurry from camera shake, just out of focus. The ENTIRE picture.

Photos from my 50mm or 18-55mm are fine, it's only the 55-150.

Is this photographer error? Lens issue? Camera problem?

I hate to ask the obvious question...did you intentionally or inadvertently move the switch from AF to MF and didn't remember/notice it had happened.

I only ask as I've had exactly that happen to me several times since moving to a DSLR.

Yes I double checked my AF switch, that's not it. And of course I completely forgot to upload some photos last night, argghh!
When I tested it on Tuesday evening, I did several exposures and several focal lengths. I shoot at least 125 shutter with the IS on. I thought it may have been shutter so I tried at 200 and higher, it was still out of focus. I tested with aperture at 5.6 and up to 7.1. I tried ISO set at 400, 800, and 1600. I only tried with single point focusing, should I try with automatic all-points focusing?

I know it's probably hard to give advice without looking at some examples first. I did use it a little in my session last night to test again but I haven't looked through those images yet. I will do some organizing tonight and post.

Thanks guys!

Try setting to One Shot AF and not AI Servo?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back