5D3 high ISO images

This doesn't help w/ my trying to wait to buy this camera, those sample look great!

Wow even up to ISO 51200 its still very reasonable.

This is insane. Currently drooling. ISO 25,600 what?

25,600 looks like 1600 on my 60D. I'm excited :)

(my wallet less so)

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the D800, I need to sell all my belongs and switch to canon!

That's pretty impressive. I'm just looking at the images via my iPhone, and couldn't really notice any noise until ISO 25,600. I don't recall, did they mention what lens was used?

They didn't say which lens, but exif says 100mm. If I was a photo review site with a test rig shooting at 100mm, it'd be the EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro... but who knows if that's the case..

I had a play with the 5D mkIII at the Focus On Imaging show in Birmingham UK today. Impressive piece of kit. Shot at f/5.6 with a 24-70 at 6400 ISO on dark background. NO sign of noise when zoomed right in on the review shot. VERY impressive indeed. That was with the 24 - 70 L at 70mm

Yeah I'm not thrilled with the D800, I need to sell all my belongs and switch to canon!

I don't know as I'd do that... The D800 is still an impressive piece of technology. Canon was just due for one good one in there somewhere.

This just makes me feel old. I remember when 400 was high and 800 was really high.

Kids these days...they don't know how good they have it. :lol:

This just makes me feel old. I remember when 400 was high and 800 was really high.

Kids these days...they don't know how good they have it. :lol:

Even though I never shot film, I still remember this from my first digi. Half of the time what you got at 400 wasn't even usable! :)

That was certainly true when I shot film....but I'm sure there are some around who remember when ISO/ASA 25 or 50 was 'normal' and ISO 160 was your 'fast' film.

Having usable 25,600...is just mind blowing.

Most reactions

Back