8mm F3.5 Pro-Optic/Samyang/Rokinon/Bower

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm wondering about getting this lens for my d7100. Anyone have positive experiences with this lens?

Not personally, but I know a couple of people who have/had it, and it was generally regarded as a decent product for the money. Nowhere close to the league of the Nikon equivalent, but acceptable for the price, and surprisingly well made as well. Of course it's a fully manual lens, and if you were to shoot towards the sun, or other strong light source, I suspect that the flaring/ghosting would be significant... I believe it also suffers from bad CA, but that's generally controllable in software.

You're talking fish-eye right? I've used the Opteka 6.5mm which is $100 less but seems more or less the same lens. It works very well for what it is, though it does suffer from the flaring the tirediron brought up.

Are you looking for a circular fisheye (180° circular image), or a 'full frame' (180° corner-to-corner) fisheye?

The latter. I'm going to Brussels tomorrow, know a little cam shop see how it goes.

Most reactions

Back