A bit of my work.

Turbocharged

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I figured I might as well jump right in here and throw some of my work up. So here it is. Some shots are better than others, these are just a few photos I had on my laptop.

Hills of Vermont:
_MSC9356.jpg

Reservoir dam in Framingham, MA:
_MSC9387.jpg

Sunset in Gardner, MA (I cheated for the color; used an orange Cokin filter) :
MSC_9810.jpg

A stream near the vacation home in NH (Shot in HDR mode) :
MSC_0113v2.jpg

And my most popular shot; taken from my fathers boat on the Charles river in Cambridge, MA (I did not increase the saturation in photoshop or use any filters. I was just in the right place at the right time and knew how to use a camera) :
DSC00301.jpg

#1 looks a little overexposed to me
#2 and #3 are very underexposed
#4 would be my favorite, but looks too orangey warm to me

I like the shot of the dam very well composed. The creek is a great concept but maybe have the lens open a bit longer to capture more of a foggy look to the water, if it was to bright to use a longer exposure then I would recommend using a ND filter. I liked the last photo on the water, but in my opinion may be a bit too orange for my taste. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you.
I have an unhealthy obsession with colorful sunsets, and I tend to purposefully underexpose them to get more vibrant color.
The creek photo was my first shot with HDR mode, so I didn't put a lot of thought into it (doesn't help that I was very nervous about how long I left the camera in that position, because it was set on rather thin ice).
My outdoor shots tend to be much more creative than realistic.
And blame the sky for the orange in the last shot, that is honestly what it looked like. Lol

The sky in the last one is crazy! WB looks a bit on the warm side on top of that. The rest of them don't really do anything for me. Is the first shot a crop? I'd like to see the rest of it.

Do you want C&C on these, or are you just posting for the heck of it?

jamesbjenkins said:
The sky in the last one is crazy! WB looks a bit on the warm side on top of that. The rest of them don't really do anything for me. Is the first shot a crop? I'd like to see the rest of it.

Do you want C&C on these, or are you just posting for the heck of it?

The first shot is not a crop, that's the whole frame.
I am always looking to hear new opinions, though my creative taste does tend to be a bit stubborn.

Turbocharged said:
I am always looking to hear new opinions, though my creative taste does tend to be a bit stubborn.

A lot of these would benefit from HDR.

We have a sub forum here. Imagine the fourth shot with the full dynamic range of the iamge. Could've been sweet. Good eye though, keep it up and consider manual HDR

Turbocharged said:

A lot of these would benefit from HDR.

We have a sub forum here. Imagine the fourth shot with the full dynamic range of the iamge. Could've been sweet. Good eye though, keep it up and consider manual HDR

I've just recently started shooting HDR shots, though I've just been using the in-camera HDR function. For a while I've just been doing portraits, band shoots, things like that. Only recently have I had the time and ability to go out and do the landscape photography that I prefer.
And you're right, a little more detail in the boats and the buildings would have been fantastic. Though HDR photos from a boat anchored in a river would be a trick...

#1 : if the rightward branch of the tree was not long, including that fully within the frame would have given much strength to the image; then it will look like a saintly tree delivering his speech a huge congregation of his tree disciples

#2: how you managed to have light flowing out through that hole in the house? i liked it much

#3:Outstanding sky; i loved this even without any POI

#4: This is the only one image which i found not really good

#5: This looks like dooms day!!! how you got this effect?

Regards :D

Frequency said:
#1 : if the rightward branch of the tree was not long, including that fully within the frame would have given much strength to the image; then it will look like a saintly tree delivering his speech a huge congregation of his tree disciples

#2: how you managed to have light flowing out through that hole in the house? i liked it much

#3:Outstanding sky; i loved this even without any POI

#4: This is the only one image which i found not really good

#5: This looks like dooms day!!! how you got this effect?

Regards :D

Thanks for the feedback.
I think you may be right about the first one. There are many ways that could have been composed.

The "light" flowing out of the building is actually water flowing out of the open gate in the dam. That photo was taken at night with a 30 second shutter speed.

The 4th one isn't really great in any way, it's just an HDR shot i felt like throwing up here.

And I actually did not do anything to the last photo, that's exactly how the sky looked.

hi can someone help me i am also new here and want to start a tread with some of my pics, how do i do this?

the one off the boat is UN-FREAKING-REAL

The dam is cool. It needs to pop more. Comp is good but it's not rich enough yet. keep shooting. Keep growing. And keep coming back. You will see your stuff soar sooner than you think.

jaicatalano said:
The dam is cool. It needs to pop more. Comp is good but it's not rich enough yet. keep shooting. Keep growing. And keep coming back. You will see your stuff soar sooner than you think.

Thanks. :)
In the spring I'm going to go back to that dam at night again, but then the water will be flowing OVER the damn instead of through the gate. Should make for a very cool shot.

Most reactions

Back