A couple more newborn shots for CC

SharedMemories

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone, First of I want to say thank you for always giving great CC! I have 3 images from a shoot that I did that I am considering using for my portfolio. I would like your honest feedback.

The one of mom and baby, I have to be honest was not a planned shot. Baby was upset and mom was kissing her and it was so CUTE! I had to shoot. Well in the background was a closet and a wall I was not able to clone out very well, that is why there is such a heavy vignette.
Image 1 fstop 4.5 SS1/60 ISO 200
daddyhands1.jpg

fstop 4.5 SS1/60 ISO 200

DSC_0244.jpg

fstop 4.5 SS1/60 ISO 200

DSC_0269.jpg

Thanks in Advance

1: AWESOME! I love this shot!

2: Looks a bit noisy to me, nothing else bad.

3: Most newborn pictures are desaturated or have a lot of skin smoothing done in PP due to the patchy skin. I know this sounds horrible, but this shot looks like some sort of weird ugly baby burrito. Try taking it B&W to see if it will fix that skin. Also I don't know how old this baby was, but I only do newborn shots at 3 weeks old or older. The skin is usually much better and easier to work with after that age.

That first shot sill rocks! I do have to ask if that's an original idea or if you borrowed the concept from somewhere? Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious because I haven't seen it before. It looks great, and it really tells the story!

I like 1 and 2, I don't like 3 only because it's on wood... it just doesn't seem to go with a baby shot to me.

Hi SharedMemories,

Really nice job on first 2 pictures. Poses are very good.
Now the 3rd is not so good. The newborn does not look as she is comfortable. It is good idea to use fluffy rug or soft blanket underneath the newbaby. Baby skin is not looking good at all - too red/orange on the face and too blue on hands. Try to make sure wherever you shoot newborns that is warm(put a heating on in your studio or ask clients to heat their house if u shoot in their home ) and it will help with blue hands and legs. The red skin can be fixed in PP. I would try to patch the very red areas under eyes and on cheeks and use some actions to remove skin cast (in your case is too orangee/redish). Also what works for newborns is to soften their skin a bit - it does help with spots on the cheeks. I do also think that this image works best in B&W as you would avoid straight away dealing with skin color casts. Hope this helps! :)

Your shutter speed was too slow which has made them a bit soft

This, they are all soft :( You also cut a bit of the finger off in the first one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back