a couple of shots i snapped yesterday.

I think the second one may have benefitted by shooting from a lower angle. Also, the logo looks much better on these!

I like the first one. The people in it do not bother me, but I don't like the cars being in the background. Can you clone those out?

I don't mind either the cars or people in the first one, but I think the composition would have benefited from putting the shoreline much lower in the frame to include more sky and less water. It's a very dull, grey light one gets on an overcast winter day, but there is still some texture in the clouds that might be more visually interesting than the water and could be emphasized.

Now wondering...were you trying to include the reflection of the trees in the water? Also, are you able to kick up the brown/orange in the leaves?
Is this image cropped? Wondering if you actually have more sky in the original (what Limr said).

I like the first one. The people in it do not bother me, but I don't like the cars being in the background. Can you clone those out?

I don't mind either the cars or people in the first one, but I think the composition would have benefited from putting the shoreline much lower in the frame to include more sky and less water. It's a very dull, grey light one gets on an overcast winter day, but there is still some texture in the clouds that might be more visually interesting than the water and could be emphasized.

i am a huge fan of landscapes with water in the photo. i guess that is why i chose to have more water than sky.. this time of year about all we get are grey dull sky conditions.

i could easily clone out the cars or the people.. just kind of testing out the new lens and working on getting a good composition.

i really like the second one except for all the brush around the scene in the foreground and mid ground, i think if that was not there it would have been much better. ill probably try these again some time when we have some sun on a day i get out shooting, not sure whey that will be though..

Now wondering...were you trying to include the reflection of the trees in the water? Also, are you able to kick up the brown/orange in the leaves?
Is this image cropped? Wondering if you actually have more sky in the original (what Limr said).

it was cropped a little but not much, here is a new version with as much sky as i can get in there, people and cars removed, a white balance change and a change to the orange saturating and luminace.

20151211-DSC_6675-2.jpg

Nice job with the edits. I wonder if the angle of the grass should have a bit of green reflection in the water (just being picky). Watch that anything you remove that you also remove it's reflection. ;)

Nice job with the edits. I wonder if the angle of the grass should have a bit of green reflection in the water (just being picky). Watch that anything you remove that you also remove it's reflection. ;)

damn man you are picky, lol.. i see one small reflection i did not edit out, your average joe wold never even notice.. trying to get the reflection of the grass in there, sounds like too much work for something most people would never notice.

reflection of the trees, that would have been nice to get that but that was not my goal, is there a trick to geting a awesome reflection of trees in the water. i would imagine the lightning what have to be right on the day you took the photo for that to happen.

Only mentioned the green grass if it was high enough to be seen over the bridge. . . Yes getting pickier and pickier the more I learn. . You are correct, the average Jack would never notice or care , but the wannabe better at photography Jack starts to notice. It can be somewhat a curse.

I had a conversation with a fellow birdographer today about ditching most of the early photos posted on Flickr. Many images I would never post now; or I would process them better or at least differently.

Well, not to add fuel, but I like the 2nd version, but would leave the people in.

right now i guess i am mostly worried about getting a good competition of the shot. that seems to be what i have the hardest time with..

i reset the photo back to the original edit, i think i am gonna actually spend more than a couple of minutes on the edit and see what i can do with it..

I think the first photo could have been a really good "people" photo. If you walk around the lake closer to the dock, that person overlooking the lake would be a very nice shot capturing him thinking/reflecting/fishing...whatever he's doing.

ok i think i like this one... did it with and without the people, i think i like it without the people..

20151211-DSC_6675-005.jpg

Most reactions

Back