jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my new macro lens, a Sigma 105mm f/2.8, out this morning, to give it a try. Not all of the images are with that lens, I also used my Tamron 18-400mm f/3.5-6.3. I have a lot of learning to do with the new macro lens, since I'm so used to using a zoom. My biggest adversary today, besides myself, was the wind.

Johnson's Jumping Spider. This little guy turned to stand his ground and fight. (Sigma)
sep14202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Green Heron (Tamron)
sep14202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Fiery Skipper (Sigma)
sep14202106 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Yellow Collared Scape Moth (Sigma)
sep14202107 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Wheel Bug (Tamron)
sep14202108 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Pearl Crescent Butterfly (Tamron)
sep14202109 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Black Swallowtail Butterfly (Sigma)
sep14202110 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Black Swallowtail Butterfly (Sigma)
sep14202111 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Common Buckeye Butterfly (Tamron)
sep14202112 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Some great documentation about a day well spent! Really shows the diversity of your area . Pearl Crescents are my favorite small butterfly.

Very nice set, Jeff, good variety. Hard to pick a fav. but the two that grab me the most are the fiery skipper and the crescent butterflies.

Great set, Jeff. That was certainly a productive day. Picking a favorite is tough, so I’ll just say well done! Enjoy that new lens.

Some great documentation about a day well spent! Really shows the diversity of your area . Pearl Crescents are my favorite small butterfly.
Thanks! I was pleased to catch the top one with the sun hitting the wing in such a way that it reminded me of a stained glass window. It took quite a few shots to get a good one, because the wind kept on blowing the flower around.
Excellent set Jeff, looks like that new macro lens was a great purchace!
Thank you! Yes, I think so. I now carry three lenses with me, one on the camera, and two in a small bag, the f/2.8 105mm macro, the f/3.5-6.3 18-400mm, and the f/2.8 17-50mm lens.
Very nice set, Jeff, good variety. Hard to pick a fav. but the two that grab me the most are the fiery skipper and the crescent butterflies.
Thanks! I'm particular to the crescents in this one due to the stained glass look the sun created.
Great set, Jeff. That was certainly a productive day. Picking a favorite is tough, so I’ll just say well done! Enjoy that new lens.
Thank you! The day was cut short by an unforcasted thunderstorm, otherwise I would have been out for a few more hours. :)

You had one good day in the field! Those are some mighty fine shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back