A different type of studio shoot... C&C welcome and appreciated!

michael9000000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!

These photos were taken in a music recording studio. My friend Cait called me out of the blue and asked me to come to a local studio where she was recording with her uncle's band. By the time I got there, the band had left, but I did snap a few candids of Cait noodling around with an acoustic guitar.

$IMG_6740.jpg
50mm, ISO 800, 1/100 sec, f/1.8

$IMG_6752.jpg
50mm, ISO 800, 1/100 sec, f/1.8

I also took a couple shots of Mike the sound engineer, illuminated only by his mixing boards and computer screens.

$IMG_6758.jpg
50mm, ISO 800, 1/60 sec, f/1.8

$IMG_6760.jpg
50 mm, ISO 800, 1/60 sec, f/1.8

Your thoughts?

Wow... done good for the low light. Not a fan of your first shot though. You managed to really capture the hand oils on the guitar surface.

What cam are you using?

Wow... done good for the low light. Not a fan of your first shot though. You managed to really capture the hand oils on the guitar surface.

What cam are you using?

Photographiend.. you might want to get an Exif reader... Google "Exif reader"

[PhotoME]
PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[Overview]
URL: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...io-shoot-c-c-welcome-appreciated-img_6760.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 238.9 KB
Creation date: 3/21/2013 15:25
Last modification: 4/6/2013 09:27
Make: Canon (Canon Global)
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T1i
Software: PhotoScape
Dimension: 1024 x 683 px (0.7 MP, 3:2)
Focal length: 50 mm
Aperture: F1.8
Exposure time: 1/60"
ISO speed rating: 800/30°
Program: Manual
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

#3 is a keeper.. the rest, not.

I agree. There are a lot of blown out areas. If there is highlight data in the original RAW files I would pull them back a bit before bringing up shadows and adding contrast.

I'd kind of like number one if there was detail in the highlights and shadows. There is just too much contrast.

Thanks cgipson. I am able to see the Data for the image in Picasa. But I have to download the image to be able to view it (I actually did do this after I asked yesterday). I just got my new Cam a Canon Digital Rebel I have a few days left to decide if I am keeping it so I am trying to compare what I am able to capture to what other similar cams are able to capture to determine if it is a keeper. Struggling most with low light settings ATM.

Thanks cgipson. I am able to see the Data for the image in Picasa. But I have to download the image to be able to view it (I actually did do this after I asked yesterday). I just got my new Cam a Canon Digital Rebel I have a few days left to decide if I am keeping it so I am trying to compare what I am able to capture to what other similar cams are able to capture to determine if it is a keeper. Struggling most with low light settings ATM.

If you download and install a browser EXIF plug-in like PhotoME... you can just right click on an online image, and see the exif... no big deal, no download, etc... Much easier! (of course some people remove the exif from their images so it wouldn't help there)

Really? I found number 1 to be the most apealing with the strongest composition. With an added light source camera high left it could have been even better though.

I felt that number 3 is missing the monitors in the image and that is hurting the composition. You can't really tell what he's looking at.

Really? I found number 1 to be the most apealing with the strongest composition. With an added light source camera high left it could have been even better though.

I felt that number 3 is missing the monitors in the image and that is hurting the composition. You can't really tell what he's looking at.
I'm with Jake on this; definitely the strongest image of the set, and with a reshoot & a little more attention to lighting, this would be great!

+3

Ugh... You guys are right. I went back to the raw file to try a fix, but the monitors are blown beyond recovery (especially the left one). It was an unplanned candid shot, so I didn't even consider exposure bracketing. Phooey. :)

Most reactions

Back