What's new

A dock for c&c

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
2
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I kinda liked the lighting when I took this photo but I wish that trash can wasn't there. I played around with crops but I'm not sure what's the best way to crop for impact. Any suggestions? Can it be cloned out realistically?

dock1web.jpg


Thanks!

Carla
 
I'd say the trash can isn't too much of a problem if you play around with the exposure a bit (so it seems like the can is just another pillar.) I would tree and clone out the two trees instead. Personally, I don't think they have any place in the shot.
 
There are just too many various elements that conflict with each other to make this photo work. The huge expanse of clouldless sky is more like filler then a interesting element. I would have cropped down to just a above the mountains. That would also eliminate the branches on the right and almost all of them on the left. Without any limbs they just look like they were stuck there. So I'd clone out the remaining branches on the left as well. The Vertical wood light pole would loss the lamp which is no big deal. What's a big deal is that the post is almost in complete shadows. You need to work on bringing out those highlights and details. The final detail that really hurts your picture is the garbage can. it really needs to be cloned out.

Sometimes one needs to walk away from a shot that presents issues that you can't control either duing composition or PP editing.
 
Thanks for the comments. Now I know what to look for. This is a different shot taken with a slightly different POV. Is it better to be more off-centered with the tree trunk on the right showing?

dock2web.jpg


Carla
 
Carla, much better, but it still needs a little work. There is a slight tilt issue with the right side tilted down. It's a easy fix. I would also give some thought to cropping out the garbage can if you can't clone it out.
 
Thanks! I go for walks here after work all the time. I want to pick up that trash can and move it out of the way if I can. I'll mess with different pov's. The next time I come here.
 
I like this edit. When I looked at the original my first thought was that it lacked contrast and had that "muddy" look. I wouldn't have gone quite as far in the edit, but that's subjective - the OP's choice on how to edit.
 
Thanks for the comments. Gregory, I like the edit. What did you do to get that effect?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom