What's new

A family members rare and historical gun collection....

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
3,759
Reaction score
1,888
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not really into guns/firearms, but I have witnessed this collection grow since I was about 10 years old and have truly learned to appreciate it. I have learned so much not only about firearms, but the historical implications behind them. I have heard stories about some of these pieces that were so profound, it was hard for me to wrap my head around. Sometimes it takes showing me something, and letting me touch, and feel it for it to sink in for me. (plus learning why and when it was important) I am just showing a few pieces of the collection, but it really opened my eyes to something I probably would have never been interested in. It is also an amazing bonding time I have with this person just discussing the collection. :)Lets keep this on topic guys and show the mods we can have a civil discussion pretty please. If anyone has any good stories to add please share. (I don't need critique on these. I am NOT a gun photographer by any means.)

  1. $guns-14.webp
  2. $guns-13.webp
  3. $guns-12.webp
  4. $guns-11.webp
  5. $guns-10.webp
  6. $guns-9.webp
  7. $guns-8.webp
  8. $guns-7.webp
  9. $guns-6.webp
  10. $guns-5.webp
 
  1. $guns-4.webp
  2. $guns-3.webp
  3. $guns-2.webp
  4. $guns-1.webp
 
Is that a private collection? It looks museum quality...
It is private. It is at a family members home that I spend most holidays. I am not saying much more for security purposes, and because I use my real name on this site. The collection is mesmerizing in person, because of the way it is displayed. He travels far and wide for some of these firearms, especially the really rare ones.
 
That is an amazing and beautiful collection. I'd love to hear some of the stories behind them. There are some firearms out there with fascinating histories. Thanks for sharing!
 
Nice collection, Kathy.

I have family that had a small farm in the area of The Wilderness battlefield, in Fredericksburg, VA. They had a bunch of Civil War weapons that they dug up in the fields.
 
That is a heck of a collection! I agree with wyogirl; it looks like it's a museum exhibit.
Their home is unbelievable, and very historical on its own. This collection occupies the whole third floor of the home.
 
That is A LOT of weaponry. Very cool.
 
That is one heck of a collection. I can only imagine the stories behind them.

I feel a theme coming on here. "Kathy Thorson's story hour" where Kathy chooses one firearm a week, photographs it, then tells the story behind it. I'm sure she can't do that (forum rules maybe) but, I bet there are a lot of great historical stories hanging on those walls. It's a lovely collection of history your family has Kathy. As for how you did photographically, who am I to judge. I like the way they look.
 
That is one amazing collection!

I agree with others that it looks "museum quality".
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom