A few from my first experience on the sideline at a football game.

TheBiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

IMG_9271enhanced by Quentin Biles, on Flickr

IMG_9566enhanced by Quentin Biles, on Flickr

IMG_9546enhanced by Quentin Biles, on Flickr

IMG_9295enhanced by Quentin Biles, on Flickr

It was really quite an experience being down there with all of the guys actually getting paid to do this. I did learn that the 60D's AF system is absolutely horrible for anything high-speed, though. I missed a bunch of great shots due to the AF, but I think I learned a lot, and I hope I get a chance to do something like this again. Any words of wisdom from sports photographers?

#1: Too much foot, too little ball! ;) Seriously; these aren't bad at all given your equipment. It really showcases the reason that SI journalists pack in $50,000 worth of gear.

Words of wisdom from a former small-town newspaper sports shooter: Canon 1D Mark XX body.....II, IIn, III, IV

#1: Too much foot, too little ball! ;) Seriously; these aren't bad at all given your equipment. It really showcases the reason that SI journalists pack in $50,000 worth of gear.

It was definitely a little intimidating standing next to a row of 1D's with AP stickers on the lens hoods.

--
Sent from my Droid Bionic.

Words of wisdom--buy a Nikon if you want really good autofocus

That is pretty awesome, I think they look great. If you got a different body then you would need something else. I would kind of like a smaller aperture on 1, I like seeing expressions of guys on the sideline.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back