A Few from the Park - C&C Requested

reedjam99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photosto40.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent the weekend at the park (last weekend actually), from sunrise up through early afternoon. My main goal was to work on some sunrise shots, though I followed up with some general landscape.

Any comments or critiques are, as always, appreciated.

Sunrise over the lake:
5109158214_e2b30be77d_z.jpg

Shortly after sunrise, I was trying to capture the mist:
5091707858_d697e6b871_z.jpg

Well after sunrise (obviously!), I really liked the way this path looked almost like a tunnel through the woods, and was trying to capture that:
5109160450_86cbd9c09f_z.jpg

I really like #2, #1, I'm not a fan of.. I don't like the whole sephia coloring. Just my .02. GOod shots though!

Nice shots. I think in 2 and 3 your white balance was a bit on the cool side, I would try warming them up a bit - I bet the colors were more vivid than shown here.

Thanks guys. I'll give #2 and 3 a shot at warming them, the colors in #3 particularly were a bit more vivid than that.

Believe it or not Mtalicarox, I didn't do any coloration in post on #1, that's out of the camera and fairly close to what it actually looked like.

I really like #1, and I've seen enough sunrises of that color to believe it's unaltered. I like the tunnel concept of #3 - I think you might get even more of that feel to it in the spring. With the trees more filled in with green leaves you'll have green on the left, top, and right of the path, so the brown-ish path with stand out a little more. As it is at this time of year the leaves still on the trees and the ones on the path have the same color palette, so you don't get quite as much delineation.

I like all 3 the thirds my fav it is a pretty place nice set of pics:)

Most reactions

Back