What's new

A Few Hours in the Printing Shop. C&C welcome

480sparky50 50

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
25,394
Reaction score
9,148
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Living History Farms had their 6th (?) annual Photography Day yesterday (Sat. 17th). The idea is to have pros/semi-pros/advanced amateurs/photo enthusiasts give short seminars on various photo subjects. I was honored with a request to participate, so I did a couple classes on HDR and three on Camera Steadying Techniques. After spending the day yesterday with classes and being available for helping others with photo questions, the 'payoff' was that I was asked to return today for 5 hours just to be available to help visitors with photo questions.

Being a slow, gray drizzling day, I spent most of the time in the Printing Shop.

Here's some of my captures:

1. Eight-shot HDR

Post_BlueWheel_pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_03_saturation_factor_12_detail_factor_1.jpg






2. 10-sec exposure, 5 OC flashes

Post_Brushes.jpg





3. SOOC, just cropped

Post_Circus.jpg





4. Five-frame focus stack

Post_FlatTypeFS.jpg




More pix coming!
 
Last edited:
I love the second and fourth shots. The lighting in the second shot is really good, and I love the detail in the printing plate in the fourth shot. The other two shots aren't bad, but IMO the second and fourth shots are much better. Nice work!
 
5: A gear on one of the presses: Heavy color correction to remove green reflections from grass outside window

Post_Gear.jpg




6: SOOC, just minor cropping:

Post_Glasses.jpg




7: 5-frame HDR, lots of perspective correction:

Post_PressintheCorner_pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_03_saturation_factor_1_detail_factor_1.jpg




8: 6-frame HDR, lots of perspective correction:

Post_PrintingPresses_pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_01_saturation_factor_08_detail_factor_1.jpg
 
I like #8 and the lighting in it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 
I like #8 and the lighting in it..

It was a gray, cloudy day.... perfect lighting inside this little building. They have some electric lights, but they prefer not to use them unless it's necessary.

#9: 3-sec. exposure, 2 OC flashes:

Post_ThreeDrawers.jpg




#10: 10-sec exposure, 5 OC flashes:

Post_Tools.jpg




#11:

Post_Typeset.jpg
 
Last ones:

#12: 8-frame HDR:

Post_TypesetsandWindow_pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_03_saturation_factor_12_detail_factor_1.jpg




#13: 5-frame HDR:

Post_Wheel_pregamma_1_mantiuk06_contrast_mapping_01_saturation_factor_08_detail_factor_1.jpg




#14: 10-frame focus stack:

Post_TypesetsFS.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom