My first Osprey - C&C welcome

Great set.
Not much for CC on the settings. Looked at the settings and they all seemed reasonable for the conditions.

Great set, apparently we have a couple around here, but I've never seen them.

This are Awesome Brent! I would say it's up to you? I think they look good as they are, but pulling the blue back and seeing what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Thanks!

Big huge congrats on your first! Wait till you get to see them hitting the water and you see that spiraling dive. Great job!

Thank you. I was hoping to catch them diving and hitting the water but no luck. I think I just missed their hunting since I caught one of them with a fish in their talon. May go back this Sunday.

Brent, there are two young ones in the nest.

Serena and I dropped by the marsh today (you inspired me to revisit the place) and spent the afternoon observing the Osprey.
We watched a couple of people walk close to the nest and the adult bird was not happy.
Both adults were not seen fishing in the marsh, I think they travel to another deeper lake to catch fish.

... and I have to say that your lens/camera have really good IQ/AF, our images don't look as good as yours ... and my shots of a Black Tern looks like a slightly blurry dot.

I like the blue background better, but the whole set is great! It is always fun when you have a first like that! :)

Serena and I dropped by the marsh today (you inspired me to revisit the place) and spent the afternoon observing the Osprey.
We watched a couple of people walk close to the nest and the adult bird was not happy.
Both adults were not seen fishing in the marsh, I think they travel to another deeper lake to catch fish.

... and I have to say that your lens/camera have really good IQ/AF, our images don't look as good as yours ... and my shots of a Black Tern looks like a slightly blurry dot.

I just came back from there, went again this morning. I saw the young ones from far off but as I got closer they hunkered down in the nest so didn't get a shot. Took a few of the female from a distance because I could tell she was agitated and then left her alone. The male was nowhere in sight. Other than a few tern and piebald grebe shots not much was happening. Decided to break out the macro lens and focus on the little critters.

I like the blue background better, but the whole set is great! It is always fun when you have a first like that! :)

Thanks. Since I am still pretty new to this almost everything is a first. :) But the Osprey was on the top of the list for a few months so really happy.

Yeah, when we were there watching yesterday the male would be gone fishing for about an hour at a time. The female stuck around closer. Dennis and I ended up just sitting on the dyke about 100m back from the nest... one of the chicks was already flying a bit, which was neat to see. Other than that, we didn't see much, just some Canada geese, a couple of black terns and a few turtles.

Thanks. Since I am still pretty new to this almost everything is a first. :) But the Osprey was on the top of the list for a few months so really happy.

That's the way my first owl shot was, something about getting an animal like that is just so cool!!! :)

I just came back from there, went again this morning. I saw the young ones from far off but as I got closer they hunkered down in the nest so didn't get a shot. Took a few of the female from a distance because I could tell she was agitated and then left her alone. The male was nowhere in sight. Other than a few tern and piebald grebe shots not much was happening. Decided to break out the macro lens and focus on the little critters.
They are pie billed grebes not piebald grebes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back