A few night photos from the NH Seacoast this past weekend

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent the night on the seacoast of New Hampshire with 4 other astrophotographers this past weekend. It can be hard when shooting with such a big group because usually everybody ends up trying to shoot the same thing, but it was a good time.

$whalebackfb.jpg$hamptonmoonfb.jpg$chrishampton-2.jpg

#1. is in Newcastle, facing out toward Whaleback Lighthouse. This spot was tough because there was these big sodium lights in the parking lot so I had to venture down onto these rocks to get away from that ugly orange hue to my foreground.

#2. Is moonrise from Hampton Beach State Park. It's crazy how much the color tones of the sky change within a few hours just from the moon starting to rise.

#3. is a friend composing his shot of the moonrise. Nothing I'm too excited about but I like to get some behind the scenes type photos when out shooting with friends.

$chambies1.jpg
This photo was actually from the night before a little further north in New Hampshire

Well done! Its beautiful the shots you took.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

$image-2560996041.jpg

This ohoto was taken after our quick snow sqal we had the day before Valentines Day. Taken with my Nikon D40 with my 18-55mm lens

Well done! Its beautiful the shots you took.

Thank you! The shot in Newcastle is at great island common, I originally went there hoping to do some astrophotography work with this sculpture

2e91676e-7f07-44bd-92cc-77ae1652bfbb.JPG

but with the sodium lights the black metal sculpture was a hideous orange color. I was PRAYING it wasn't lit up because it would make an amazing foreground element for the milky way rising behind it. Too bad

Most reactions

New Topics

Back