a fun nightly stroll that was filled with fog and fotos

austriker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dlindahlphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
soo i went for a nice stroll last night downtown where fog seemed to encompass everything and of course, yea i brought my trusty sidekick- the nikon d40!

i am looking for some feedback on these.. enjoy and dont be scared to be harsh- im a big boy =)
thanks!

3045616546_5b195a425b.jpg

3044781021_2453652b2b.jpg

3045616962_c16cf86068.jpg

3045617112_0653ea0b27.jpg

3044781507_deee33ac13.jpg

3044781885_1abc9798a6.jpg

3044782081_e682fd07fd.jpg

large versions can be found on my flickr, found in my sig...

several of them are the same shot but different effects/angle.. i would be happy if you would let me know which is 'better' or you like better.. i am just kinda a 'rook' at shooting, and would appreciate the vast amounts of knowledge and insight you guys got!

Last edited:
Photo 3 has the clearest of subjects, which is why I like it best. And the fact that it was foggy shows, all the same!

Compare your thread with this_one - you might be surprised!!!

Photo 3 has the clearest of subjects, which is why I like it best. And the fact that it was foggy shows, all the same!

Oooo spooky!! I found a whole persons blog with photo's of things like i'd taken.. small world!

OP. Nice shots, maybe try adding a little grain to them through editing.. JMO, it might add some to create mood...

i lie the 4th best and the fith is like something outta sherlock holmes! Ive just go a D40 and i know nothing abt settling it properly on manual....did u take these on an auto mode? if u used manual can u tell me what sort of settings u used? thanks

nice pics, they deffo suit being monotone

I like how three is very clear, but the subject is centered. I feel that it would be more interesting if the tree followed the rule of thirds.

i like 2, to be able to get that DOF with the long exposures needed for night is awesome. would be nice to see some of them in color though!

Nice shots! I'm curious if the color in pic 6 is natural or photoshopped? If real, it must have been a really cool night. I really liked the third photo of this image gallery. I like it cause the tree stands out much more and takes up much of the frame. In the fourth, there are a lot of distracting elements like the stuff in the lake on the right.

whoa, crazy?! nah, we shot together otherwise, yea small world huh. . . lol
yea i am trying to get better and so as a critique you are saying that i need to work on more clear subjects?

Oooo spooky!! I found a whole persons blog with photo's of things like i'd taken.. small world!

OP. Nice shots, maybe try adding a little grain to them through editing.. JMO, it might add some to create mood...

so i am only working with iPhoto b/c i want to work on better shots instead of relying on post processing- how can i add grain?

...so as a critique you are saying that i need to work on more clear subjects?

Yes, in a way I think that despite the fact that the atmosphere was foggy and milky, something in the photo might want to be clear and well contrasted, if possible - and with this tree it was possible, as your Photo 3 shows, so there I find something for the eyes to rest on. And the tones are nicest, for there is some real black, and some real white, in amongst all the many shades of grey.

I like number 3 and 5/6. Did you have a tripod? Then you ought to set a timer, and walk into the shot... but you'll need a long coat to add some creep factor.

Nice shots! I'm curious if the color in pic 6 is natural or photoshopped? If real, it must have been a really cool night. I really liked the third photo of this image gallery. I like it cause the tree stands out much more and takes up much of the frame. In the fourth, there are a lot of distracting elements like the stuff in the lake on the right.

yes the colours are the originals.. i dont even own photoshop =) yes the night was crazy sweet. really foggy. thanks, i like the tree shot too!

I like number 3 and 5/6. Did you have a tripod? Then you ought to set a timer, and walk into the shot... but you'll need a long coat to add some creep factor.

haha that would be creepy. the atmosphere was perfect for it, i was creeped out a little bit myself when i was shooting. do you like the color or b/w better? yes i definitely used a tripod- it was dark and im hands are not steady enough

Most reactions

Back