My FIrst Night Shoot No Flash

JosephH

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.proflooney.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So Guys for 2 nights I been testing settings on my new camera and I am a total noob at Photography. I used both nights to test various settings to learn how each one affects each other.

I shot sunsets from the exact same spot and same angle each shot so I could better see the effect.

I then used what I learned on the way home from shooting to shoot some geese I saw in a Cemetary.

The Photos were Shot 20 Minutes after this last shot of the sunset tonight which will let you better visualize the conditions for light etc to give me a full critique.

Weather:
22 deg F
Winds 20-25 MPH
Lighting Twilight
Camera setup: Nikon 3500 DSLR with 70-300mm lens no flash manual settings and hand held

Here is the last sunset image to give perspective on time of night remember the shots were taken 20 minutes after this.

Any Critiques welcome don't worry about being too harsh I am a big boy and can take it as it is the only way I will become a great photographer.

Sunset Test-13-1.jpg

I kept pretty much the same settings the full shoot on the geese but I did play with the ISO just to see what happened. These all are direct from camera other than resize no post was done on them

Geese-01
Camera: Nikon 3500 DSLR
Iso: 5600
Lense: 300MM
ASA: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/250

Geese-01-1.jpg

Ok So I was in full photographer mode with these including composition so everything about the pictures are fair game.

Personally I am so proud of how they came out as dark as it was I prob wont be able to sleep tonight I will want to go out and take more pictures but will prob turn into a popsicle as windy and cold as it is

You are doing alright! There are a lot of photos, too many to comment upon each one, but suffice it to say, it looks like you'e getting a handle on the camera's operation.

ASA: f/6.3
I'm not sure why you're writing "ASA" in conjunction with the aperture. That is something new for me. I know what ASA meant years ago, but has it now migrated over to the aperture setting?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back