A horse of a different color

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posting this in Just For Fun because it’s a fairly heavy crop. I’m glad I took the shot with the 18-55 because by the time I switched out to the zoom the horses had all moved together to form a big blob. This is the jpeg with editing in Snapseed. I may try to process the raw file to see if it survives the cropping any better.

Was able to get more detail in the horses from the raw file but still too heavy of a crop to do anything with. This may motivate me to try that new Topaz A.I. Gigapixel...

Raw file edit by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Wonderful color and scene.

Love those autumn colours. We don't get them here as trees are evergreens. Takes me back to my backpacking days in Novia Scotia.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely Autumn colors in the background.....

Wonderful color and scene.

Love those autumn colours. We don't get them here as trees are evergreens. Takes me back to my backpacking days in Novia Scotia.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lovely Autumn colors in the background.....

Understatement of this young, new century.

Wow...dat background do'h!

Thanks all. The colors were incredible! I’m tempted to go back up there again but I know the crowds are going to be killer this weekend. Maybe I’ll play hooky one day next week and catch the color at the lakes just south of the White Mts.

Finally editing some of the other photos and will post them soon.

Yes, Derrel said it! The background makes the shot and for that reason, I believe I like your first edit better because of the contrast between what I think your subject was ( the horses ) and what my mind wants to look at first ( those beautiful colors! ).

Last edited:
Nice editing, either way - good action from the horses, against a lovely fall background for the pasture. Can't go wrong here!

No excuses on the crowds--GET BACK THERE for whatever fall color is left! That place is in-cred-i-ble!

I say forget the horses in this shot as the background to me is far more important.
Only my views on this. I say its a good shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back