a little buggy

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
This little guy hitch hiked home with me yesterday. After very obligingly posing, he jauntily flew off to parts unknown when taken outside.

trout_fly02.jpg

trout_fly03.jpg

He's sorta ugly, but them wings! :D

I like both of em, but the last one is absolutely amazing....the contrast on those wings....beau-ti-ful!

So our resident Bug is taking a picture of a bug? That's a classic Jim. I can see you are living up to your name. ;)

So what lense are you using? It must be pretty fast to get such great bokeh blur.

Thanks all for the comments. The wings are truly amazing the way they appear differently in changing light.

Harpper- Lens was a Tamron 28-75mm XR Di, which has nice bokeh on its own, but for these shots it was mounted to an old Vivitar 2x Macro teleconverter that I snagged off ebay.

So, these were shot at 100mm (50 doubled) at probably f/16 or so. Didn't really pay much attention, just cranked the ap ring toward the middle somewhere.

Beautiful shots!!!

Really like the first one Jim mainly because of the neat color composition.

"Kinda ugly"??? With those WINGS? NEVER!

What is "bokeh"? Please, someone explain this to me, will you?

Nice pictures, but I HATE those things. They're all over my backyard, my deck, the trees, the patio doors. My dogs think its great because it's an all they can eat fishfly buffet. :puke:

Most reactions

Back