A Sensitive shoot.......EXTREMELY pic heavy

jadelm31

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picturesquebyerica.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this shoot for a young girl who has been through A LOT! It is somewhat provocative but I did not pose her....she happens to find an outlet in photography as well and asked me to do these photos to capture her emotions. She was given the okay to do so by her parents........I know they need some work and my PP needs major improvement but here are a few. BTW....darn me and my WB issues! I shot in auto WB which I almost never do but I also shoot in RAW so my corrections, I feel should have been better....but weren't and aren't. I purposely cut off ankles per her request (I only photographed the parts of her in each shot that she wanted)...also, her hair has some fly away's but given her specific struggles, there was going to be no corrections on my part and IMO...she is breathtaking! I apologize for the pic overload but I really want to grow as a photographer and know that I need some help...thanks. Hope everyone is well

1.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 369 by energizero, on Flickr

2. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 355 by energizero, on Flickr

3. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 301 by energizero, on Flickr

4. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 294 by energizero, on Flickr

5. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 343 by energizero, on Flickr

6. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 352 by energizero, on Flickr

7. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 076 by energizero, on Flickr

8. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 163 by energizero, on Flickr

9. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 095 by energizero, on Flickr

10. 8 by energizero, on Flickr

11.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 164 by energizero, on Flickr

12. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 201 by energizero, on Flickr

13.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 350 by energizero, on Flickr

14. evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 443 by energizero, on Flickr

15.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 483 by energizero, on Flickr

16.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 466 by energizero, on Flickr

17.evyn mothers day and jackie shoot 284 by energizero, on Flickr

You have some that I think are very good and some that are not very good imo. The ones where she is out of focus don't do anything for me. But she has a look about her that is haunting (in a good way). Overall, I think it was a pretty good job.

Took some time on this one...

1. Love it, VERY nice shot.
2. The ppost work is a miss for me on that one, but the idea is cool
3. Nice, a little cold but it suits the expression.
4. Really like this one, possibly benefit from a little warm light on the far side of the face?
5. Great shot, very emotional.
6. Better than the other similar shot...
7. Very dramatic, I like it.
9. Love it, would make a cool BW?
10. A miss for me.
11. Apart from the tree branch looking like a deformed arm its cool :)
12. Love it, my favorite with number 1
13. Hallows ruin this one
15. would be better with the feet not cropped out.

Great work though, awesome set.

Also very well done on the different expressions etc, great contrast in emotions. from number 1 being very sweet, to others being, scared / frustrated or angry.

Thanks guys! CDtsnap...wow! Thank you for being so gracious with your time and CC. SO greatly, GREATLY appreciated!! Tirediron...I agree...and because of the dramatic shoot I confess to being wrapped up in the emotion of it all and missing these very obvious corrections...yikes!!!!!

BTW the bird was obviously so impromptu.......so I had to adjust quickly. It was only there for a few moments but it was so symbolic. (bird flying away, bird posing same way as she was) She actually did not even know what the bird was doing and I was the first to know it was there.

Yes, some missed focus issues, but overall, an evocative set, and as manicmike mentioned, kind of haunting, in some good but hard to define way.

Yes, some missed focus issues, but overall, an evocative set, and as manicmike mentioned, kind of haunting, in some good but hard to define way.

:thumbup: this. Many are haunting in a indescribably good way. Nine is my favorite. It's just... striking.

2,6,11 need to go to the scrap yard.

7 and 9 are great. 10 could be up there with them, but your heavy post ruined it.

put the blur brush down.

Great shots
the in-focus background egret / OOF girl in foreground shots are interesting

Last edited:
Nice, some better than others.

Good work!

9 is incredible. If your goal was to capture her, then I believe you did. If the OOF have meaning to you and her - then they too are good. She is a beautiful girl, hope she knows that

I did this shoot for a young girl who has been through A LOT! It is somewhat provocative but I did not pose her....she happens to find an outlet in photography as well and asked me to do these photos to capture her emotions. She was given the okay to do so by her parents........I know they need some work and my PP needs major improvement but here are a few. BTW....darn me and my WB issues! I shot in auto WB which I almost never do but I also shoot in RAW so my corrections, I feel should have been better....but weren't and aren't. I purposely cut off ankles per her request (I only photographed the parts of her in each shot that she wanted)...also, her hair has some fly away's but given her specific struggles, there was going to be no corrections on my part and IMO...she is breathtaking! I apologize for the pic overload but I really want to grow as a photographer and know that I need some help...thanks. Hope everyone is well

1.bra straps

2. the lack of focus isn't doing much for me here, and Im looking at the blurry bird more than anything

3. bra straps annoying

4. bra straps annoying. These are also starting to look like snapshots

5. I have a headache?

6. again. the blur isn't working for me and im looking at the bird, and I don't even like the bird.

7. bra straps

8. okay. meh

9. peak a boo?

10. best one so far, considering. grass highlighted in front of her looks a little odd. meh

11.i don't get it. looks like a landscape photo

12. she is very small in this. The down hill slope. Looking at it from a distance I kind of like, but I don't know why not wonderful but I oddly like this one.

13.very simple, not much of a portrait but she is somewhat in focus, not obvious bra strap issues and I get she is the subject so I kind of like it. I don't like the bird in these its distracting and annoying.

14. bra straps

15.okay from a distance. close up bra straps. The bra straps in these just seem to lack tact to me, and they are distracting like the bird is.

16.flawed, but I like it somewhat

17.bras straps. Back to looking like a snapshot again.

two cents. Lot of photos here to go through quickly. jmo

you have a excellent model. while most of these are "okay" I don't think you took this to the level you could have and shortchanged the shoot.
again. jmo

something else too. coming from someone that is FAR from a pro. i understand getting caught up in the moment of the shoot kind of thing. But (and i am no angel either) i don't see how a lot of thought was put into these before you hit the shutter. seems you were clicking away without paying attention to what was in the frame. i didn't comment at first, because as soon as i brought up the page it stood out so clearly to me to other day and i didn't want to sound overly critical. If it stood out to me, at least some of it should have stood out to you during the shoot. It appears you weren't paying attention and just clicking away...
im curious to know how many shots you took for this to come out with what might be a couple keepers. Pay attention to detail (probably advice we could all use at times)

Most reactions

Back