A Sweet Tennessee Girl

Memorylanephotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tara is the subject from a recent photo session in Chattanooga Tennessee. Photo taken at the Walnut Street pedestrian bridge. Taken using a canon 50D with a 55-250mm lens with flash fill. Please feel free to leave your comments and opinions.

View attachment 41148

Just my opinion, but the cropping and posing are awkward, and I would have taken the hair tie off her wrist.

She's already... well... endowed... so I wouldn't really have had her leaning towards the camera. Just make them even bigger to a distracting degree. Also, the way she's lit by the sun has her eyes totally shadowed over.

Pretty girl, though.

In addition to Rose's points, I'll add that the background is rather busy, cluttered and distracting.

Very pretty girl. You did convey that.

She certainly isn't hard on the eyes, that's for sure, but as stated, the pose could be different. That one little red light beaming through is a little distracting.

OK, I'm just throwing this out there, but for me, i think some bounce fill on her face, kill some of the shadows on her cheeks, to me it makes her nose look rather...beak-ish...

Thanks guys for your comments. You know I missed that red dot. The unique poseing and crops seems to be the seller to my Digital sessions. The young ladies of today want a different look, thats unique from all the other images around. When one session hits the circut then all the other ladies try and out do the others. The good thing about photography is theres no wrong way to shoot and image. Every photographer is different in their own way, can you imagine what the world would look like if we were all alike.

Thanks Again!

That little dot in her eyes makes it look like you tried to fill with a flash.

IMO, her chest is too bright.
$06lll.jpg

Thanks guys for your comments. You know I missed that red dot. The unique poseing and crops seems to be the seller to my Digital sessions. The young ladies of today want a different look, thats unique from all the other images around. When one session hits the circut then all the other ladies try and out do the others. The good thing about photography is theres no wrong way to shoot and image. Every photographer is different in their own way, can you imagine what the world would look like if we were all alike.

Thanks Again!

I would argue that! We have heard that before... many times! If you are going to write off the C&C, why bother asking for it? Your technical and compositional errors make this little more than a snapshot.

Last edited:
I like the strong diagonal line you've got going on here. The focus is in the right place. The shadow across her eyes is a lot more distracting in the thumbnail than in the full sized image, so I am not sure it's a problem at all. It is strongly sunlit, which is a bit harsh, and fill/reflection would help with that, but unless used gently also creates a fake "I shoot cheesecake for bottom drawer online magazines" look. I don't see that it's strictly necessary here, you can roll with the hot sunlit look.

I agree that the frame would be better if opened up a little wider, though.

Emphasizing the boobs? Well, you did, but some people dig that kind of thing. We have a long tradition of emphasizing the boobs.

I'm sure she likes the image, since she looks hot as hell in it, but the point is that she might well like a slightly different image even more.

Thanks Again!

Clipping hands and having a busy crooked background, unique? Using a cheap kit lens, unique? Come on now. C&C always comes with a grain of salt. Embrace it and the future will be brighter.

I like the strong diagonal line you've got going on here. The focus is in the right place. The shadow across her eyes is a lot more distracting in the thumbnail than in the full sized image, so I am not sure it's a problem at all. It is strongly sunlit, which is a bit harsh, and fill/reflection would help with that, but unless used gently also creates a fake "I shoot cheesecake for bottom drawer online magazines" look. I don't see that it's strictly necessary here, you can roll with the hot sunlit look.

I agree that the frame would be better if opened up a little wider, though.

Emphasizing the boobs? Well, you did, but some people dig that kind of thing. We have a long tradition of emphasizing the boobs.

I'm sure she likes the image, since she looks hot as hell in it, but the point is that she might well like a slightly different image even more.

Hot as hell? The pose gave her a slight belly roll and the light caused bad shadows to be cast on her face. She is pretty but this shot looks cheap and amateur.

Perhaps my standards are simply lower than yours. The "bad shadow" is not as dramatic as the thumbnail suggests, have you looked at the full sized photo? I'm not seeing why it's "bad", although I certainly agree it doesn't meet contemporary standards for how portraits are supposed to look. I think she's hot, and I think the picture shows her as hot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back