Beach Gaze

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Me and my lady went on a trip recently. This is from when we stopped by the beach on the way to wine country. Thinking about cloning out that pole.. what do you guys think?

Nikon F100, Ektar 100 film, 70-200 vr (diy processing/scanning, unicolor chemicals in my kitchen..)

Beach Gaze by bhop, on Flickr

As long as you're at it, you might as well clone out the rock, the blue thing, and the other stuff near the pole.

She sure is a lovely lady. I agree...it could stand some cloning work to tidy it up. Ummm....did you miss focus by a foot or so?

She sure is a lovely lady. I agree...it could stand some cloning work to tidy it up. Ummm....did you miss focus by a foot or so?

It might be off a little, or it could be my scanner.. I was trying to figure that out after I scanned it. I also realized I had the VR turned off on my lens the day after I took this so maybe that's something to do with the 'softness' :( but I still like the pic overall.. *shrug..

I too like this image. The pole is a bit distracting. She is a very beautiful lady.

I suspect Derrel was pulling your leg. For a scan and at this small size (and with my ancient eyes) her face seems to be in focus but her feet are very OOF due to the DoF... Hence missed focus by a foot or so. ;)

I suspect Derrel was pulling your leg. For a scan and at this small size (and with my ancient eyes) her face seems to be in focus but her feet are very OOF due to the DoF... Hence missed focus by a foot or so. ;)

*facepalm..

I decided I wanted to see what it looked like taking the above suggestions into account; here's my take on it, slightly cropped at left as well as cloned.
(It's always a pleasure to spend a few minutes working on a good photo of a beautiful woman :) )

$beachgaze2.jpg

Sure looks more pleasing with that doggone pole eliminated and the other objects cloned out! And no Granddad, I am not pulling your leg!

It does look much better, i'll have to get on the high res version when I get the chance. Thanks.

Most reactions

Back