A Thriller and a Post-Apocalyptic Dramedy

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The last couple of weeks I've been helping some friends with short films for a local collaboration competition. The first was a thriller inspired by 50 Shades of Grey (the actual film is a lot better than the premise makes it sound lol), and the other was a post-apocalyptic dramedy kind of reminiscent of a stage play.

Some candid character portraits
_MG_9464-Edit.jpg

_MG_9408.jpg

_MG_9416.jpg

And a cast/crew photo
_MG_9447.jpg

_MG_9800.jpg

_MG_9782-Edit-2.jpg

The actress in the foreground of this photo actually won an award for her role in another film she starred in.
_MG_9770.jpg

_DSF9073.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot of fun. Creative fun.
like the first two shots and the last. Cant quite point my finger on why i like the last, just do.

Thanks! Yeah it was a good time. It's a lot of fun photographing BTS and some of the scenes before they're filmed.

Strong portraits, characters are intense looking

all in all, really good.
My favorite is the first
I think that the lighting in #5 is too obvious and clean cut and that the last one needs more burning in the lower corners.

However, I hope I will do nearly as well on Monday. (same kind of job)

all in all, really good.
My favorite is the first
I think that the lighting in #5 is too obvious and clean cut and that the last one needs more burning in the lower corners.

However, I hope I will do nearly as well on Monday. (same kind of job)

Thanks! Yeah, the lighting was very...minimal on these shoots. The budget was very small, so they used a bare bulb with some black cinefoil to shape it. I asked if they wanted to use some kind of scrim to help diffuse the light more evenly and get rid of the shadows but I wasn't the DP so it wasn't my call. Heh. Overall, it looked fine in the film because most of the shots were pretty close, and that was the most important thing.

And good luck with your gig tomorrow!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back