A Tired Old Silo

ConnorS04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was able to get out last night and shoot with my new Tokina 11-16mm on a Nikon D3100. These two are the shots that I enjoyed the most. There's definitely room for improvement, so c&c is welcomed.

These were captured around 9:30pm, with a full moon behind some clouds.

f/2.8 @ 30s ISO200

f/2.8 @ 20s ISO400

Sorry, but I don't care for the composition at all. It's a little too abstract for my liking. I don't know what the subject is.
I am quite surprised at the DoF that you obtained at 2.8. (I'm at work, can't check the EXIF)
Though a little underexposed, I do like the exposure. I do see some potential here, IMO.
Keep shootin'

Thanks for the input! Both images were captured at 11mm, which may explain how I achieved the DoF. When I get back to an actual computer later ill post a picture of the entire structure :)

Nice shot. It seems these silos provide great outlets for ivy to express itself...

Here's a picture of the entire structure I was shooting. This was shot as a full moon was rising. f/2.8 10s ISO200. Shot at 11mm.
9374113634_e68a2b978e_c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like that a lot, in my opinion that is the best one youve posted. I just noticed your from NJ, where in the state are you from? Maybe we could shoot together sometime and share pointers.

Thank you! I'll have a few more shots to post up soon from a recent trip to Palisades Interstate Park. Hopefully those will turn out just as good!

I'm from Brick, but during the school year I'm down in Absecon attending Stockton.

Most reactions

Back