A View Finder Accessory For Non-Hinged Viewfinders

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For cameras that do not have hinged displays, I think I would like a hinged mirror attachment that I could bolt on the bottom with a tripod screw and fold out to 45 degrees for a downward view. Yes, everything would look upside-down is used this way. I can do that. Most people can do it if they try. It is not that big a problem. It should cost under $20 US.

Many cameras have capability to connect to laptops for off camera control. Can probably set up a remote monitor on a small screen. That way everything would be correct and wouldn't matter what angle the person was to the camera. With bluetooth becoming more available, probably just use cell phone.

Many already have wifi built in and can do just that with cell phones.

Since you've identified a niche market, it's time to ramp up production.

About other options:

1. WiFi Apps:

I have too many cameras with different systems. I do not want that many similar apps on my devices. And also, I do not trust them for security reasons. Some are worse than others. For one of the Yi dash-cams (a model that is only for China), you cannot set up the WiFi unless the GPS is on and it is connected to the Internet, neither of which should be necessary for connecting between two of your own devices. Gee, I wonder why?

2: Wired Displays:

I will be looking for a small (3" - 4") display for USB or HDMI connection to some of my cameras. Mainly that will be for video work. For video work I always have a monopod or tripod, so it does not add much more inconvenience to attach such a display as well.

But no, I do not expect anyone will ever make the attachment I described, but it is a pity. It would be cheap and easy to carry, and would work.

We can make this a drinking game: Every Tuesday night at the end of the day, if no-one has made this device, have a half of your favorite evening drink. The rest? That's up to you. I will not be responsible for your lack of sobriety on Wednesday morning. :)

For cameras that do not have hinged displays, I think I would like a hinged mirror attachment that I could bolt on the bottom with a tripod screw and fold out to 45 degrees for a downward view. Yes, everything would look upside-down is used this way. I can do that. Most people can do it if they try. It is not that big a problem. It should cost under $20 US.
Sounds like a simple DIY project to me.
I wouldn't find it useful enough, as one of my cameras has a fully articulated display & I'd use that one when I'm expecting to need this sort of thing. I do get caught out occasionally when out with my DSLR (fixed screen) & coming across situations where a articulated screen would be a big help (not always low level - sometimes I need a high viewpoint to shoot over a crowd...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back