A walk in the park

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have recently started to take photos of people and found it quite hard and challenging. This is probably the best one I managed to take so far.

IMG719c4.jpg

-------------

Last edited:
Taking photos of people takes lots of practice an patience. You probably want to get less of the scene and up close to the subject either by walking or zooming, or by using a longer lens.

yeah you are right lol but I think I am too shy or too much of a coward sometimes to walk up closer to strangers and just take pics of them lmao well I know I would be like "what the heck? why are you taking a pic of me?" if some stranger come up to me and just start to take photos of me. oh well lol I may will try to take pics of friends in the future if I can find some interesting ones lol

yeah you are right lol but I think I am too shy or too much of a coward sometimes to walk up closer to strangers and just take pics of them lmao well I know I would be like "what the heck? why are you taking a pic of me?" if some stranger come up to me and just start to take photos of me. oh well lol I may will try to take pics of friends in the future if I can find some interesting ones lol

Well, if you had a massive zoom lens, that would get rid of all those problems :p

Well, if you had a massive zoom lens, that would get rid of all those problems :p

hahaha ewww do you suggest that I should spy on people?? lmao jk yeah I MAY will get a 70-200 4.0 L IS USM later, much later lmao course it costs a fortune BUT not for being a creep hahaha but more for wildlife photography xD

-------------

Last edited:
If you never had permission or had the people sign model release forms, you shouldn't even be taking pictures of strangers or posting it here. Just a heads up, to keep you from trouble.

oh really? wth lol sorry!! I didnt know its against rules or law or whatever I am quite new to this and was just trying out. well I dont think its illegal here in Sweden but maybe it is in the US or Canada... thanks for the info though

Actually in the US, as long as you are in public, pictures of you can be taken. As long as you are not in a "private place" such as your bedroom or dresser or bathroom. Look up photographer's rights. In Canada, I don't think it exists.

Actually in the US, as long as you are in public, pictures of you can be taken. As long as you are not in a "private place" such as your bedroom or dresser or bathroom. Look up photographer's rights. In Canada, I don't think it exists.

lol thats what I thought and here is a proof that it is NOT illegal or whatever to take photos of people in the public, btw geez the news photographers take photos of strangers all the freaking time and you dont see them get into trouble because of that :mrgreen: Well I kinda stink at people photography anyway so I wont do whole alot of that in the future

lol I walked past this nightclub last friday and saw a bunch of police officers standing outside so I decided to take some pics of the scene. Several of them actually saw me taking photos of them and they did nothing :greenpbl:
IMG822c.jpg

hobbes, that's a really nice shot! it's really tough to get good candid pictures of people, esp if you dont have much zoom. you go to close, they realize you're there and it changes the scene...
i dont think this one is too bad though. you could just crop it a little bit... :)

hobbes, that's a really nice shot! it's really tough to get good candid pictures of people, esp if you dont have much zoom. you go to close, they realize you're there and it changes the scene...
i dont think this one is too bad though. you could just crop it a little bit... :)

lol thank you for the kind comment. yeah I know what you mean by using the zoom more lol a few days ago I saw some guys skateboarding in a park and I walked closer to them and wanted to take a clear shot you know what they did? they stopped skateboarding and just standing there talking to each other when they saw me approaching! stupid cowards lmao well as I said that was just an experiment I will not take whole a lot of pics of people in the future course to me landscape and animal photography are more interesting :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back