A walk through the swamp in summer (56k - no-no!)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Those who know me a bit better might remember that not too far from where we live there is a neat little swamp area that I love! I have shown photos of that before. We went for a walk on Sunday, within the rare 3 hours of sunshine we had ever since mid-July...

I like the place so, I always have to take MANY photos, so poor yous will have to see many (or stop looking right now):
a1_23_berflWeg.jpg

With all the rain the basins are so full that some are overflowing right across the path that was built for visitors so we can get through the swamp with dry shoes - that is the idea, at least.
a1_28_Moorsee.jpg

a1_30_Moosbschel.jpg

a1_39_Enten.jpg

a1_45_MoorseeTorfmoos.jpg

a1_55_HeideMoor.jpg

a1_86_HeideMoorsee.jpg

a1_98_GnseaufMoorsee.jpg

a1_104_Wolkenspiegelung.jpg

Wow! Almost looks like the swamps around here in southern new jersey. Now i'll have to take a trip out to photograph some.

Nice photos - love the reflections of the sky in the water.

Oooooo reflection shots, my fav's :) I recall some of the pictures, but I would say you have outdone yourself here. #'s 2.7.8. and 9 :thumbsup: :cheers:

I love the reflection shots, the last two are my favorites. I have one similar to #8 that I took while on vacation last week that i'll post when i get a chance...

killer shots, especially the last 2

just an off the wall idea, what do you think about cropping the land out of the last picture and just having the reflection of the sky and logs? i think that would be coolness

Excellent series! When I think of a swamp I imagine a stinky, yucky place but these shots show how wrong I am. It looks so calm and clean. I especially like #7, the reflection is so clear it is hard to tell where the trees end and the water begins.

Amazing series LaFoto. Love the reflections you captured. Very well done. !!!

Thanks to all who have taken their time to come and look and comment.
Yes, I love this place and I so wanted to see it in summer for once, with the heather in bloom. I have autumn photos, winter photos with the swamp ponds frozen over and covered in snow, spring photos with the young green of spring on the birch leaves and the cotton grass in bloom --- but so far did not have any summer photos. In one area of which I have not (yet?) put up photos, there is quite much heather blooming in the month of August.

And sure, Canoncan, I am drooling over all this green, would you be surprised ;)?

Most reactions

Back