What's new

Abstract...ish, Part 2 for C&C

Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
10,726
Reaction score
5,468
Location
The Beautiful Hills of East Tennessee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Kind of like modern-day Cubism! Pretty niftily done Sharon! Bitter Jeweler has been the main poster of this style of photos here. I find these types of photos often quite fascinating, with the way they reveal so many different things, in such small pieces! VERY worthy subject matter for the modern photog!
 
i enjoy #2. and the BW version seems flat to me...
 
These are good. Forget #3, though, you don't want to lose the color contrast, and it also looks better not flipped.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
Kind of like modern-day Cubism! Pretty niftily done Sharon! Bitter Jeweler has been the main poster of this style of photos here. I find these types of photos often quite fascinating, with the way they reveal so many different things, in such small pieces! VERY worthy subject matter for the modern photog!

Thanks, Derrel! I appreciate that. Bitter's really the reason I've gotten brave enough to attempt some of this stuff. Speaking of which, where IS Bitter lately? Probably off slaving over custom jewelry orders for Christmas...

i enjoy #2. and the BW version seems flat to me...

These are good. Forget #3, though, you don't want to lose the color contrast, and it also looks better not flipped.

Agreed. Thought the b&w version might be interesting, but I think I didn't process it very well and after looking at it some more, I'm not sure I'd like it better as a b&w even if it WAS done well. KenC, I think you're right about the color contrast being the better choice.
 
The more I look at these, the more I like #4. It has so many interesting reflections!!! I LOVE the way there are differing rectangular "pieces" in #4. There is the "column" formed by the dark panes on the left side; there is a 3-column and a 5-column grouping; the lower right hand area is a 5x 2-high block of its own...I mean, MAN, #4 just has so much visual variety...it's simply excellent.


No other word for it.

E_X_C_E_L_L_E_N_T.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #10
Nice work Sharon. I especially like the first two.

Thanks; I appreciate the compliment!

The more I look at these, the more I like #4. It has so many interesting reflections!!! I LOVE the way there are differing rectangular "pieces" in #4. There is the "column" formed by the dark panes on the left side; there is a 3-column and a 5-column grouping; the lower right hand area is a 5x 2-high block of its own...I mean, MAN, #4 just has so much visual variety...it's simply excellent.


No other word for it.

E_X_C_E_L_L_E_N_T.

:blushing: THANK YOU, Derrel! That's my favorite one, but I really wasn't sure how it would be received.
 
Very well done Sharon, you have a sharp eye. It reminds me of mylar photography
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom