According to Vogue: Brides should say "I don't" to professional wedding photography

OP
Tight Knot

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Photos OK to edit
I'm glad I didn't hire one for my wedding last June
Why?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Because 90% are rubbish and my friends taking them made it more personal
Were you and your wife happy with the photos? If so, thats the most important thing.

Very, she had her horse and our 2 dogs up for the photos without me knowing

Last edited:

gsgary

Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Photos OK to edit
All the family
IMG_2276-XL.jpg

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
more often than not, its people that don't have any clue what good photography is anyway that are the ones saying they are glad they didn't hire a pro. .
im perfectly satisfied with drinking Amstel Light, so that must mean it is just as good as any craft beer.
same goes for my Crown Royal...sure glad im not spending the money on that 20 year old Balvenie anymore...

limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Y'know, there are a LOT of things that brides should say "no" to but don't because they've all drunk the wedding Kool-Aid.

pixmedic

I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
If I could go back, I would spend less money on the wedding, and more money on our naked pool/jacuzzi parties.
the professional photographer might have charged us more for the parties though...
would have been totally worth it.

OP
Tight Knot

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Photos OK to edit
If I could go back, I would spend less money on the wedding, and more money on our naked pool/jacuzzi parties.
the professional photographer might have charged us more for the parties though...
would have been totally worth it.
Depending on the crowd at these parties, the photographer might have paid you guys to shoot it.[emoji12]

AdrianBeaky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
more often than not, its people that don't have any clue what good photography is anyway that are the ones saying they are glad they didn't hire a pro. .
im perfectly satisfied with drinking Amstel Light, so that must mean it is just as good as any craft beer.
same goes for my Crown Royal...sure glad im not spending the money on that 20 year old Balvenie anymore...

Haha. Agreed. I've known people who are professionals (not photography, but like real estate agents, IT, etc) saying they won't hire a professional photographer for their business cards or Linked In. They always say their iPhone is "good enough". I try to explain that their picture is the first impression a prospective client/employer will have of you, photographers know how to pose a body most flattering, yada yada. They say "well it's still very good". When they show me the picture, they always look straight on, with a wall behind them and a deer in the headlights look; DMV standards. My own girlfriend even did this! She dates a photographer! That was a kick in the face, lol. The picture she showed me she wanted to use almost caused me to have a seizure. So I made her put on a blazer, set up my strobes and got some amazing photos she now is in love with.

jcdeboever

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I say no to the wedding and hire a photographer to teach me how to use the 14 I own.

Most reactions