Adobe is one of the most incompetent brainless companies I have ever dealt with

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There customer service is Terrible :BangHead::icon_pissedoff:

The deleted my account after I paid a full year subscription and kept my money. After explaining it to 20 different chat support people and three months of the "escalating" nonsense, I eventually got an email from the higher up idiots saying that there would be an easy transition from one account to another but now they have closed my accsess to LR & PS and have not given me a refund nor are they allowing me to open a new account

The deleted my account after I paid a full year subscription and kept my money. After explaining it to 20 different chat support people and three months of the "escalating" nonsense, I eventually got an email from the higher up idiots saying that there would be an easy transition from one account to another but now they have closed my accsess to LR & PS and have not given me a refund nor are they allowing me to open a new account
Ouch! I have to admit that my customer experience with them was less than stellar as well. Changing the credit-card I was using to pay for it proved to be a LOT more painful than it ever should have.

Honestly it might be worth stating that in your next communication if there is not a suitable resolution you'll escalate it Trading Standards or whatever similar government body there is in your country. Sometimes the threat of external pressure works; or at least gets you talking to someone who CAN do things rather than those who can only do what the computer approves them to do

Red Beard never had this trouble with software.

Do they have a phone number to call? I tend to get further actually speaking to someone than writing emails or chat messages.

The bonus with emails is that you have a clear papertrail - if something is said you can always refer back to it. In telephone messages you don't. At this late stage I think its a case of emails and written letters - an established formal papertrail so that there IS correspondence that you can quote and you can show that its taken 3 months or that "so and so said this".

You can get a transcript e-mailed to you at the time by clicking a box.

I've found the support very good on both occasions I had to contact them.

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Tell the story of how Adobe let tens of millions of users' passwords and personal information get hacked just a bit after they announced the $50-a-month-for-life program! Tell that story, Daddy! Tell that story!"

Is it better than the story about how i opened my mail from DHS on Monday saying my personal infomation has been given to China?

The bonus with emails is that you have a clear papertrail - if something is said you can always refer back to it. In telephone messages you don't. At this late stage I think its a case of emails and written letters - an established formal papertrail so that there IS correspondence that you can quote and you can show that its taken 3 months or that "so and so said this".
If you take good notes (i.e., actually remember the person's name, date/time of call, try to get person's direct extension), phone conversations can be extremely helpful. I typically also request that the person include notes of our conversation in my 'file'. It's much more personal, and people are more willing to help you because of that connection. At least, that's my opinion based on my experience. I understand why people like email, because you don't have to talk to someone. Email is worse for the customer, IMO.

If I can't get anything changed via phone, I will then try email for a 'paper trail' for purposes of suing them.

That said, I haven't had to go to court yet against a major corporation. I try to avoid that. :p

(I'm not mentioning 'chat', because in my experience, I've found that those people rarely have ANY authority to do ANYTHING. I literally had one person tell me that they can't do anything but sell me services. After that, I never used it again.)

"Oh! Oh! Oh! Tell the story of how Adobe let tens of millions of users' passwords and personal information get hacked just a bit after they announced the $50-a-month-for-life program! Tell that story, Daddy! Tell that story!"
I like how they "let" it happen, as though they knew and watched while it was going on, and just kicked back and laughed about it. "Cool!! Look!! Some hackers have broken through security and are downloading everything we have!! We should get a pizza while this is going on!!

That pretty much how you see it, Derrel The IT Security Expert?

I also love how they're expected to be more secure than the many other entities that have high-security digital data in their computers, including every major store, company and government on the planet that gets hack-attacked on a semi-regular basis.

Yeah, Adobe alone is the one that just sucks, right D? :048:

By the way Derrel, whatever happened with all the hacked data? I don't recall seeing anywhere that Adobe subscribers were suddenly having money ganked out of their bank accounts or seeing charges on their cards that don't belong there. In fact, I believe I read somewhere that the data was actually not specific enough to link it to particular users to exploit them. I simply changed my password and never heard anything more about it.

Seems rather anti-climactic after your sweet buildup to the Adobe smack-down we can always rely on from you, D. Otherwise it would have been a MUCH more compelling story for us all, I bet.

Last edited:
Adobe the Devil.

You should see the complaints that some part of the new update is not included with the latest stand alone version of LR. Folks are on Fire.

Sucks that there is no other option.

I get the feeling there's more to this story than just your perspective as laid out here; A story that implies that you did nothing out of place or out of the ordinary at all. Something tells me there are other circumstances involved that caused this whole problem in the first place.
Adobe the Devil.

You should see the complaints that some part of the new update is not included with the latest stand alone version of LR. Folks are on Fire.

Sucks that there is no other option.
That was just a matter of time, and anyone who decides to get and use a standalone version instead of a subscription that constantly gets updated had to expect that would be the outcome at some point anyway. Now, later, who cares? It's inevitable. Call them a waaaaambulance.

Most reactions

Back