Adobe is one of the most incompetent brainless companies I have ever dealt with

Stop by Thom Hogan's page here and read his dressing down of Adobe's inept handling of its cloud-based services. Adobe's almost comical ineptitude earns Hogan's scorn and ire after yet another failed upgrade/update implementation this spring.

As he concludes, "In short, more of the same from Adobe: incremental updates to everything amounts to monolithic update of the suite and lots of confusion in the installer. This is seriously bad form. But it’s the same bad form Adobe has shown for quite some time now."

Creative Cloud 2015 Emerges and Confuses byThom Thom Hogan

I have been using adobe software since CS2 (almost 10 years ago) and I really cant say that I have had any major issues with either their products or their customer service. CC updates automatically for me. I don't have to worry about downloading anything. I don't store anything in the cloud, but if I did, that would automatically sync as well.
Adobe recognized that $50 a month was more than consumers were willing to pay, and dropped the LR/PS package down to a very manageable $10 a month. (which I have been happily paying ever since)
Im sorry if Thom Hogan has trouble using and understanding some of Adobes products...its not for everyone. But it IS for some people. like me.

Forgive me if i dont take Thom too seriously...
there he is, railing on Adobe, yet on his web page, what does he have under "recommended books"?
Photoshop and Lightroom links.
also, on his "third party software" page, CS6 and Lightroom make the top of the list (CS6 in multiple categories)

Its like when you see Thom going off on one of his anti Nikon tangents....then you see this.

I don't think that there is too much of a stretch to understand why Thom Hogan writes critically about Adobe products.
It is much easier and attracts more attention to criticize the big player and thus be seen as someone who speaks truth to power, than to go along with praise for the obvious and fit into the fanboy mode. Who would care if TH pointed out defects on small, cheap, relatively unimportant products?
They are small and cheap because they have defects.
TH speaks out 'bravely' and attracts attention for what are relatively unimportant issues in the grand scheme of things.

Adobe products do their job, the pricing is fair particularly for the benefit and Adobe has an income stream that guarantees the company.

There is a real world example to someone who stops fighting the establishment. Aung San Suu Ky, the Burmese politician, was an outspoken and popular foe of the Myanmar military junta for years. She lived under house arrest but was a center of popular discord and rebellion. She was an unquestioned leader of popular anti-government feelings and she kept up her position. Eventually the military junta changed slightly to a quasi-democratic government, with the junta still very powerful; she was released, became a member of the parliament and has essentially disappeared as a force because now she was part of the structure.

TH wants to be the ASSK of photography.

She is running for president there soon but assimilation is a concept that has exisited throughout human history, it is also the MO of the Borg.

Last edited:
Thus, if Adobe went out of business tomorrow and all their software imploded, it would then be literally impossible for anyone anywhere to "print anything on a large scale" that is even "remotely useable (sic)".

You might find this article useful.

She is running for president there soon but assimilation is a concept that has existed throughout human history, it is also the MO of the Borg.

The Myanmar constitution gives the Army, the junta, essentially decision power in perpetuity.
By allowing major economic changes in Myanmar and giving up some power, the ruling junta has diffused the people's drive for major governmental changes.
The visible internal changes are remarkable; thousands of new businesses, new cars, a visible new middle class but the junta still controls major sources of illegal income and continues the fight against the warlords in the North while maintaining ties with regional internal warlords.
The country is rich in resources and too much of the money that should go fixing the horrible infrastructure is diverted into the pockets of the ruling class.

Thus, if Adobe went out of business tomorrow and all their software imploded, it would then be literally impossible for anyone anywhere to "print anything on a large scale" that is even "remotely useable (sic)".

You might find this article useful.
Trying to explain your personality to me isn't really helping. Sorry.

Here's an article you might find useful though:

MasterPrinter.com - How To Successfully Print Large Without Adobe

Maybe we should back-track.

Have you ever prepped a file for press?

Maybe we should back-track.

Have you ever prepped a file for press?
Whether I have or I haven't doesn't change the fact that Corel and Adobe aren't the only image editors on the planet that are available, which you continue to attempt to avoid addressing. It also wouldn't change the fact that Adobe doesn't have the only coders on the planet who can write programs and routines that can do tasks, including any and all tasks that have anything at all to do with printing, even large printing, and you keep trying to avoid that fact as well.

It also doesn't change the fact that human beings prepped and printed very large images before even the first version of Photoshop was invented, just 25 years ago. That said, I have no doubt at all that if Adobe went belly up tomorrow and all their software instantly corrupted on everyone's machines everywhere, human beings with the need to print large would continue to do so without Adobe.

I also will boldly state that, no matter my answer, it's also not a common problem that MOST PEOPLE who use ANY of the image editors that DO ACTUALLY EXIST have to grapple with, and is therefor NOT the thing that keeps Adobe in business and their stocks high, which is your claim about what makes them a monopoly.

If Adobe suddenly DIDN'T work AT ALL for prepping large prints; If they suddenly jerked that ability out of all of their programs, relatively none of the people who use their programs, percentage-wise, would notice or be affected by it. Their image-editing and normal-sized printing worlds would not in any way come crashing down around their ears. Adobe's stock would STILL be high and climbing and their programs would STILL be popular and it would STILL be in business with tens of millions of people using it, and more signing on every day. Thus, the ability to prep large prints is NOT what keeps Adobe in business and it's stock high, 100% contrary to your claims.

Now then, I will point out yet again that through it all, you can't bring yourself to give a straight answer to MY very simple questions to YOU, as usual.

You have an ongoing habit of making very definitive, one-sided, closed-minded, extremely opinionated statements that, upon closer review and questioning and testing of YOUR ACTUAL WORDS QUOTED BACK TO YOU, do not hold up to simple questioning, scrutiny or reality.

The continued rub you have against me and a few others around here is that we have no qualms at all about pointing it out, using your own words in quotes that you therefor cannot run from, and simple questions based on those quotes that you therefor can't bring yourself to answer in any straightforward way, lest you yourself confirm that you can't support your own claims.

Only YOU have the power to prevent these sorts of confrontations from frustrating you by chipping away at your ego with a very sharp and pointy thing called reality, by not continuing to pretend that you're an expert who has the only valid opinion when you start typing.

Whether you do or not is up to you, but it's way past time that you stop blaming the messengers, and take a long look in the mirror instead, if you want to get to the bottom of what you're experiencing in your interactions with others.

So, in other words you have no prepress knowledge whatsoever, and are thus completely unqualified to question whether or not my point is valid.

And, I said that Adobe holds a virtual monopoly as a result of their industry standard position, and this does have to do with the printing industry. I never said that Adobe was the only image editor or [blah blah blah], only that because if it's use in a production setting it has become what it is. I likewise said that Adobe is a "virtual" monopoly, not an actual one - and it is.

The overwhelming majority of professionals use Adobe products in print and photography. The market is so cornered and users sufficiently satisfied enough that there is little incentive to publish a competing product. Corel is essentially the only package that even comes close (that I know of anyway, since you're completely incapable of filling in those kind of blanks) - and from my experience, Corel files pose serious challenges in preflight. I will admit I don't know how much of this is user error and how much of this is software shortcomings and incompatibility (which in an Adobe-centered world really is a shortcoming).

If Adobe dropped out of the print market for some reason, then yes, printers would find options with existing software, and existing software would likewise focus on the opened market to develop better tools. But frankly, that's true even if computers ceased to exist and we'd be back in the darkroom. But again, the fact that I even have to acknowledge this shows you have literally no concept of what modern offset production entails.

Last edited:
Wow.

It's not even worth the time and effort to write out another actual response, when you're going to be that oblivious to reality, even when it's pointed out to you.

I think you should consider 'shopping some blinders on that ass in your avatar.

Good luck with your condition, or whatever it is.

In the professional image editing and graphic design market Adobe holds a virtual monopoly.

Unless you think that Broderbund is a publisher of professional software...

Update on my original post. I received the long awaited email from the big wigs in the technical service division about 7 days ago, this after 2 and a half months of "escalation" but what can you do :icon_question:. So they said in the email that I would have too give my permission to Adobe to reactivate my account, the one they closed and the power of christ could not open again, in order for them to give me a refund. They went on to say that I would need to go back onto live chat and quote a reference number they gave within.

After 5 days of trying to get on to live chat I finally got connected, remember I have no official Adobe ID therefore I could not log in to get the specific chat forum that was required meaning I had to go through the switch board so to speak. I got on to a person and stated the reference number as required he could not deal with the issue so he transferred me to the "Concern" department and again I stated the reference and the long and short of what she said was "I have escalated your concern to the relevant team and they will email you in 2 to 3 days.:cokespit: I asked to for a manager and she said that was not possible.

So given the groundhog day time loop I was stuck in I trawled the inter web and found a contact number for Adobe customer service in Ireland so I rang it yesterday it was a Dublin local call phone number. I was connected to a call centre in India, nothing necessarily wrong or unusual with this, but I told the women the reference number as stated in the email she transferred me to a guy in the "Concern" department and like live chat he could not cope with a dynamic scenario. So I had to explain the whole thing to him, I doubt he comprehended it though. Anyway he said he would escalate my case and I would hear from someone in 24 to 48 hours I explained to him that I have in fact received and given my permission to reactivate my account but "computer says no" and he quoted a reference number to me that was the number I gave him.

:madass::BangHead:

Today I have also gone onto Adobes Facebook page and posted several times under different articles that "Adobes customer service is terrible" An Adobe rep commented on these asking me to privately send my reference number in order that this be cleared up

Last edited:
So after staging a dirty protest on the Adobe Facebook page and threatening to continue with same everyday until there is a resolution to my problem I got a phone call from Adobes escalation department and they are now attempting to resolve it asap. So its a case of man bites dog but part of says you can never beat city hall.

Just get taylor swift to complain and they'll fix their problems that same day.

Most reactions

Back