Advice on entry level dSLR

Well, the second kit doesn't come with memory. You don't need a filter, but you do need memory...

I'll be honest, when I bought my 60d I couldn't care less about the swivel screen, but now that I've got it I actually use it quite a bit! Makes it easy to get ground level shots and so on.

Well, the second kit doesn't come with memory. You don't need a filter, but you do need memory...

I'll be honest, when I bought my 60d I couldn't care less about the swivel screen, but now that I've got it I actually use it quite a bit! Makes it easy to get ground level shots and so on.

Yes, I know, I like the one at the first store, but I am still not sure if I am getting the best possible deal.

I really think you are over thinking this way too much. If you went to the store and held, looked through, reviewed the menus – then I ask which one did you like – that would be the one to get.
If you are learning / re-learning photography then you should go with what feels right and not what may give you “more bang for the buck”

I started long ago with a Canon AE-1 and an AE-1P, life got in the way and I lost interest – had a few 35mm P&S cameras then went on to the digital P&S cameras, they never gave me the feel of an SLR but I did get a lot of snap shot memories. I picked up a Canon Sxi and it reminded me of my old AE-1 so I bought it within a year I picked up the 7D at the store turned it on, looked through it took a few shots and told the counter lady “can I have one of these in the box” didn’t care about the price, the package or what it came with….I liked it and was going to make it mine. Never looked back

Buy what feels right to you..

For your $800 go on eBay and buy the best canon you can buy. A used 5d, a 40 d with a good lens. You will never regret buying into this system. You don't have to buy new.

Ok, so I finally purchased a D7000 after reading and watching countless reviews. I needed something a bit better and more advanced than the original choices I was looking at. I got a deal at my local camera shop I couldn't pass up. $1130 CAN for the body + 2 8GB class 10 SD cards.

I hope I made the right choice!

Thanks for all the help.

I think that's a good buy. Personally I'm a Canon dude, but those D7000s are great.

Most reactions

Back