Advice on shoot needed. First time shooting a pro model

Sounds like she'll wear and do whatever she wants in the hotel lobby, and you get to snap away and hope you get something that doesn't look like it was shot in a hotel.

I'm hoping for poolside stuff and possibly lounge/dining espeically if they have an old piano...which I think they do.

Sounds like she'll wear and do whatever she wants in the hotel lobby, and you get to snap away and hope you get something that doesn't look like it was shot in a hotel.

I'm hoping for poolside stuff and possibly lounge/dining espeically if they have an old piano...which I think they do.

Poolside = Sexy!

Noel is going to show me how to take a regular shot, from the shoot, and pp it into old vintage pinup style...and some that pinup cartoony look too. He teaches photoshop classes as well, so I am looking forward to the pp lessons also.

This sounds like an awesome opportunity and only keeps getting better! Make sure to take your model release with you and have her sign it. Then show us what you get!

i love redheads...your very lucky for a chance like that. I HIGHLY recommend a thong for the pool shots, if not less. :pimp:

I'm excited for you. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Just got back from the shoot...it was very fun and informative. I learned more in two hours working with noel than I think I would have in a year on my own. Being able to watch him work with the model, from how to talk to them, to how to pose them...was priceless. When it came to my turn I had creative block and stagefright maybe...lol. I just could not think of things to do. As time went on, she'd try her thing, if it worked I shot it, if it didn't then I made suggestive improvements. It was just a very great time. I think I have some good shots, going to run through them now so it will be a while till I post them...but as soon as I run em through I'll have 'em up.

here is a quick glimpse of the setup, photogs wife stood on paper for us to dial in settings...obviously mine were not dialed in yet, lol. hard to see but there is a reflector on a stand in front of the light on the right. two strobes, light on table high shooting down on backdrop, and a reflector at models left.

The hotel donated to us a conference room. It was a bit tight with all the gear in there, I had to actually stand outside the door (it was a secluded hall not open public hall) to be able to use my 50mm. Later on I put on my kit lens to be able to shoot at a wider angle as I still don't have a great quality wide angled lens. We were going for more full body than crops so I did with what I had.

Later we walked around after two outfit changes and went to the bar and the pool.

anyway, off to run through the set and see what I got....

Here's the quick shot kinda showing the setup. Not much of a shot but better than my words I guess.

7770030086_20c736e179_c.jpg

c'mon Ernicus... we are waiting! ;)

Looks like the D-lite Elinchroms. I'm intrested in what your thoughts were regarding the lights.

impatient ones. lol. would you like a few unprocessed camera jpg's for now? lol. I'm about to watch a movie and then go watch meteor showers with my new girlfriend...so....yeah....won't be processing them tongiht. I did at least run through and see where I failed and succeeded though.

I'm still waiting to see at least some pictures from the wedding.

I threw 5 jpg's unprocessed up for review. So obviously white balances will be off and they have not been "vintaged" yet. But look if you like and I hope to have the full set ready for Serious C&C in a few days.

Unprocessed Set for Review - a set on Flickr

Most reactions

Back